Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cracking animations slow

Started by Wolverine [1971836] on in Bugs & Issues.

21 replies · 284 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Wolverine [1971836]
The Cracking crime animations are slow and laggy now.

If I remember correctly, it's a slowness occurring from a couple of days because before those couple of days the cracking animations were fast.

The problem is on mobile phone with google chrome browser and light mode.

I can't provide a video, no scripts, cleaned cache and site data.

On my Computer the animations are quick.
Wolverine [1971836]
brute force animation.

About 10 or less targets (I'm only skill 39), I always complete all password as soon as possible every day.

Maybe before 2 days ago I was doing cracking crime in dark mode, I don't remember exactly: however today and yesterday I was doing cracking skill in light mode and on my mobile phone it was slow and laggy (it's playable but it's not a smooth experience).

It would be nice If you can do some magic and make faster the animations mentioned above.
Wolverine [1971836]
I can test cracking crime on dark mode tomorrow because now I have no passwords available and no nerve left.

Burglary crime was considerably better in dark mode and the developers improved the animations in light mode in the past weeks.

I'll let you know tomorrow when I test dark mode.
Wolverine [1971836]
Hi,
I don't know if something have been done in the last days, but I paid attention to cracking animations in light mode yesterday and today and they are fast now.

I think you can close this ticket.
Wolverine [1971836]
Hi,
I'm testing all days the cracking animations and they are slow compared to dark mode: every time I do cracking crimes on mobile phone I switch to dark mode to be faster.

About 1 month ago I said that in light mode the animations were fast, but now I'm not experiencing that speed anymore, especially if I compare cracking animation slow speed with the very high performant Hustling crime animations.

Would it be possible to reopen this bug report please? Or do I have to open a new bug report?
Wolverine [1971836]
I tested it now and I noticed improvements in light mode.

On my mobile phone I still see all the frames of the animation, so if you have time to further improve cracking animations it would be really appreciated.

Very good job on the improvements so far :)
CrymeLord [2764328] Admin Staff
We made further optimizations today. All the low-hanging fruit is now picked, so unless you're still experiencing slowdown I'll go ahead and close this issue. When you have time, feel free to respond with your findings.

Thanks for bringing the frame rate for this specific crime to our attention!
Wolverine [1971836]
On my mobile phone I tested again cracking crime with light theme and the animations are still slower than those that appear when I have dark theme.

Forgery crime animations are fast even with light mode.

I wonder why animations from different crimes perform differently when each one should be the same "text container control": I mean, is it not the same text container for all crimes that show an animation from top to bottom?
CrymeLord [2764328] Admin Staff
Animating the outcome panel impacts the entire page. Certain elements can slow down the FPS.

We've pinpointed more opportunities for performance improvement. I pushed a change just now, and more will follow.
CrymeLord [2764328] Admin Staff
I replaced a complicated UI element with a much simpler one. No visual changes, just technical. Very curious to know how that affects your experience!
Wolverine [1971836]
I did 5 attempts with light mode and I notice a speed improvement.

Dark mode is still faster and more smooth, but your last fix improved the performance for sure.

I'm moving to forgery crime now because I reached 100 cracking skill: maybe I'll return to cracking crime if I reach 100 forgery and no other crimes are released in the meantime.

Thank you for your effort so far and for all your future developments/improvements!