Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Ok

Started by RunningManZ [3132517] on in General Discussion.

27 replies · 1.18k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

narO [2312928]
He has a blue name, obviously bought DPs, I actually talk to him, he's a nice guy and definitely not a restart.
Madgod [1733719]
tfw people playing this game don't give a shit to min/max every second on this game

[image: i.imgflip.com]

Nooo you have to spend all of your time running plushies, and, and, and y-you should be setting alarms in the middle of the night to take Xanax.. nooo stop racing, why are you having fun? Wahhh
Lambdadelta [1938313]
You're missing the point that they have 45 days of time played in the span of half a year whereas I have 90 days in just shy of 9 years, so I'm not entirely sure what you're going on about with the min/maxing and setting alarms around the clock thing.

I'm a fairly casual player in comparison and I get by just fine, I was pointing out that their lack of net worth is a personal issue on their end because of their lack of an ability to be productive with the time they spend online.

The whole point about mentioning their racing was that there is really no profit to be made in it and that if they're already flying they should be traveling to more profitable locations collecting entire sets as opposed to the shortest locations possible.

I'm blunt and don't sugar-coat, if OP wants to make money they need to put the legwork. If people post threads like this they should expect feedback, I could just jab and jeer at them like most people do but instead I try and point out things that are working against them and make suggestions that will actually benefit them in the long run.

It's called constructive criticism.
Madgod [1733719]
It's called constructive criticism.
Yeah, except it misses the mark. If OP wants to make more money, then yeah, he should be taking steps to address it. His time played vs yours is irrelevant. You're just trying to shit on him for how he plays the game.

Torn has had an issue going back a decade (if not longer) where people restart the game, and their friends load them up with resources. It isn't technically "theirs", so they can't be banned for it. The idea of restarts is that you leave your previous account behind. Of course, this doesn't extend to relationships.

This is what the OP is pointing out.

> What exactly are you doing when you're active on Torn? Are you just sitting there staring at the screen twiddling your thumbs?

This is where you lost me in your original post I replied to. Doesn't sound like constructive criticism, just sounds like you being a dick

Also, next time if you're going to reply to someone, make sure you actually reply to them
Asemov [2270413]
I got to level 15 in 15 days.

I helped a newer player get to level 15 in 2 days.

Most people who do that stuff either have irl support, or the backing of an existing player.
SugarPlumDeb [2114298]
Actually it was mansplained to me (and I am the gal that loves when the testosterone flows splaining mmmmm)

Mexico flying for jaguars is profitable . It short trips so you do not miss you xanax.

Now dont look at my net worth. I am Female and do not math and am bad with money. But I have fun and Xanax and sometimes some of the other crazy drugs floating around Torn .

Good Times ..