Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Eid Mubarak!

Started by Muthannnaa [2150016] on in General Discussion.

272 replies · 7.05k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 273 / 273 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
273
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
47 / 100
Story score
72 / 100
Engagement score
89 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Fermion [2691036] ×3

Muthannnaa [2150016]
[image: i.imgur.com]
For those who don't know Muslims around the world will be completing the month of Ramadan tomorrow which is followed by the Festival of Eid.

Technically, we cant say Eid Mubarak until after the Eid Prayer, ( In the UK its Wednesday 10th April), But I wanted the Karma to Offer the greeting to all those who Fasted Ramadan this past month. I hope the month was a means for you to gains lots of rewards and benefit!

Due to the positive response to the Ramadan Mubarak post I wanted to thank all the people that added something of value to that thread either by asking questions that you perhaps too shy to ask a Muslim you know irl or just have always been curious about.

I will post some updates here in the thread and I ask other Muslims to post some pictures of Eid in your area

I had a few really really nice/ interesting/ thought provoking discussions with people that reached out outside of that thread, here via torn chat 2.0 and over discord. Its refreshing to be able to have discussions where people are curious to know about different cultures.

What is Eid ul Fitr?
Eid ul Fitr is the festival Muslims have at the End of the Month of fasting ( Ramadan).

What do Muslims do for Eid?
There are prescribed things that Muslims should do

1) Take a Shower and wear your best clothes.
Culturally the iconic things I assume most people profile muslims as are wearing the white thobes but outside majority Arab countries the white thobe or Jubba isnt as common. The African Muslims tend to have the most vibrant and colorful clothing which looks amazing when everyone gathers for the Eid Prayers in the morning.

There is a special charity that all Muslims which is obligatory to pay for those who are able which goes to feeding the poor.
The one who is in financial difficulty is not obliged to give.

2) Attend the Eid Prayer
The tradition for the Eid Prayer is that is should be prayed in an open area and everyone should come to attend the celebrations, listen to the reminders and do the special Eid prayer.

In my area, London UK, the Eid Prayer used to be done In Mosque which is challenging as there simply isn't the capacity for everyone to fit inside the mosques. So each Mosque will have 4-5 sets of Eid Prayers. People that live in London near mosques can attest that this isn't ideal as they become traffic nightmares. Thankfully alot of places now try to use big open spaces now and they arrange funfair rides and the likes.

3) Give charity to the Poor
Muslims are expected to feed the poor people and that food should reach the poor people by the time of the Eid Prayers. Some people give money overseas but it is encouraged to be paid to the local community for those that need it. It works out about £5-£7 per person in your household to be paid. So for example I pay approx. £7 per person in my family so £7 x 8 people = £56

If there is anything you would like to ask or are curious to know about Eid or Islam even please feel free to ask away here.

Without derailing this thread which happened pretty much instantly. As others have mentioned if you don't want to read about it don't click it. There are plenty of threads that if I don't have anything to add so I wont.

Also there are lots of other Holiday threads that grace GD. I understand that some people might not want to see them but the Ramadan post I made actually lead to some really wholesome in game interactions.

Understanding other cultures is important As a faction leader its always nice to let your faction members express themselves and provide platforms to share their culture.

Its also important to understand when is a good time to arrange factions events or chains/wars etc. In the UK good luck getting a cab anywhere during Eid or RIP your wallet cos Uber prices quadruple lol!

Imagine arranging a chain on Christmas day for example...

Updated 12 April 24

Its unfortunate this thread seems to have become and extension for the Politics and Law forum which I don't bother commenting in as its just a mess of people arguing and using google/ wikipedia as a scholar to justify their own agendas.

This post however has received a healthy positive response as a result I would say a few things. Thanks to those of you who posted positive and even those that voiced that they felt it was posted in the wrong location, respectfully.

If you are casually scrolling and want to read this entire thread ( up to page 16 at the moment) if you actually want to know or query anything that is said, please just reach out and ask me personally.

This thread was intended as a warm, positive, well meaning, well mannered show of support and appreciation for those celebrating the festival of Eid after fasting for a month.

The correct etiquette of debating from Islam is that you should wish the truth should appear on the other persons lips before it appears from yours. Otherwise it just becomes an ego battle with each person trying to 1up the the other person.

Those who like to seem to be triggered by someone's happiness/ celebrating a religious holiday and lack the will power to pass by without throwing verbal excrement I ask that your please try your best and just refrain, we know its hard for you, but please at least try! The vast majority of people in general don't share your distorted world view, lack of basic manners. To think you are going convince the world of your moral superiority, infinite wisdom via a post on torn is laughable.

I feel sorry for the mods that have to deal with your posts full time not just outside this thread. Hats off to you Mods.

This isn't the platform to discuss the intricacies of the Palestine/Israel situation. Invariably one side or the other is going to get upset, emotional and triggered on the subject and it doesn't give the opportunity to give justice to the topic.

Mentions: Ramadan Mubarak

prompt_critical [2140245]
Do you know how forum would look like if every Christian announced their holiday day? We would not have a single good thread in GD and those good threads wont get any attention cos of spam... Sorry but a big NO from me for this kind of posts. Sure we can all respect your religion but keep that for yourself and those who want to know more about other cultures can google it.

Love&respect.

edit:

People, im not blind, I see christian posts too and I shat on them too. This is a cultural post and should go here as every other post of this kind. Tried to be respectful too but I guess im getting disliked by western liberals LOL.
Jammed [1531835]
not sure this is the right place i place this, today is National Unicorn Day or National Mature Women’s Day
GassyTerps [1444838]
Yay I love this time of year. There’s a whole city in my state that I don’t get to go to this time of year because they shout death to my people. It happens every single year during Ramadan and Eid. Now personally I say do what you want and think what you want but if I don’t get my Shawarma soon from my favorite spot, I’m going to freak out.
LAFAT [2623027]
divali had its thread in GD... and so did Easter...


"every Christian announced their holiday day"

[image: i.imgur.com]

at this point you look like you are only picking on a certain race... looks bad on yourself. Cheers
Runalf [2047589]
I feel nothing for religious events and I don't care if its christian or whatever.
But people are also allowed to have christmas topics and easter topics, so why not a few topics about ramadan?

Live and let live....

Hope you all have a wonderful time.
pussy [2797641]
he’s just karma farming, and not even about useful game shit, just religious bullshit which is 10x worse
PMV [1577993]
Get bent.

There are tons of Easter and Christmas topics all over during those holidays. Hell even Torn hosts its own celebratory events for them. Muslims can have a few forum posts of their own per year. You aren't forced to read it.
PMV [1577993]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter

Easter,[nb 1] also called Pascha[nb 2] (Aramaic, Greek, Latin) or Resurrection Sunday,[nb 3] is a Christian festival and cultural holiday commemorating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead,
prompt_critical [2140245]
Dude, what are you talking about? Same thing as that post, but only in this month you have 7 notable christian days that are tied to culture i live in. Dont act stupid please, just PLEASE dont. Easter, Mumbarak, Ramadan, whatever the holiday is, whatever the religion is THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR IT.