Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Ecstatic Merit fail

Started by Calabrin [2040893] on in General Discussion.

42 replies · 1.51k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
43
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Strange [2098127] ×1 gat [2600663] ×1

Calabrin [2040893]
Having a bad day? Ever felt like the world is working against you?
You overdosed on some Ecstasy losing 150 energy and 54,778 happiness
11:16:58 - 10/04/24You bought 1x Ecstasy on Strange's bazaar at $22,000 each for a total of $22,000
11:16:11 - 10/04/24You used a Yellow Easter Egg gaining 10,000 happiness
11:16:05 - 10/04/24You used a Yellow Easter Egg gaining 10,000 happiness
11:16:04 - 10/04/24You used a Yellow Easter Egg gaining 10,000 happiness
11:16:02 - 10/04/24You used a Yellow Easter Egg gaining 10,000 happiness
11:15:59 - 10/04/24You used a Yellow Easter Egg gaining 10,000 happiness

Mentions: Strange [2098127]

mawal1995 [2265109]
Should have just got an insurance done with only 1 Xanax. Atleast your losses would have been easily recovered, making it less painful.

I only know about one gat [2600663] , but there are many Overdose insurance. Read about it here.

Mentions: gat [2600663] · GAT HAPPY JUMP INSURANCE

Sleepy [2748511]
rip always sad to see
tried to do 2 99ks my self and od both times >.> its rigged i think.
gave up after that oneday ill get it.

Good luck in the future tho.
ThunderBlitz [2684774]
Not exactly. I used Securop's insurance when I was doing full jumps, overdosed a number of times and for that 1 extra Xanax each time, I technically did make a profit at one point, I overdosed 2 or 3 jumps in as many weeks and, some of those Xanax were provided to me for free. Even without this, if I didn't have it at all with each overdose, I'd have been more massively out of pocket than I was with it.

So, yes, it's certainly worth using an insurance service, providing you choose the right level (depending on your booster cooldown, etc). After all, it's not about making a profit (insurance fraud vibes, much? ;-p ), it's about financial damage limitation, which is exactly what it does (in my own experience, as well as others I've interacted with).

That said, this is for regular 'happy jumps' and Xanax training, where the items are tradeable. I'm clueless as to whether any of the insurance providers would/could go anywhere near an Easter egg jump, since eggs can't be reimbursed. Maybe, they'll come up with an equivalent, or, tie it in with an existing option, basing it entirely on the happiness level and just give you the extra edvd's instead (for a higher cost)....? :-/



Edit: as for the original post; holy damn! I have just 1 stat under the jump threshold, I have 5 yellow and 2 green eggs I'm planning to use for it (and chase that merit) but, this is (obviously) my biggest concern with it. Hope it works next time!






Filthy_Richy disliked your post



Ecstatic Merit fail



Odd. Maybe he lost millions without using insurance? ;-)

Mentions: Ecstatic Merit fail

mawal1995 [2265109]
Haha, nice one, Joker.


Btw insurance are not supposed to be not profitable because, it's insurance. Second it obviously won't prevent it, I said it would have made this OD 'less painful'.

AND even if you think it's useless, it's definitely worth it when it's just a one time thing for 99k happy ecstatic merit, and not weekly happy jumps.
Janna0407 [3006907]
Just like real life, it's easy for them to take our money, but a painstakingly long/difficult process getting back that funds.
turbocod [2135258]
How would you value yellow eggs for insurance purposes though? His monetary loss was whatever an ecstasy pill costs nowadays.