Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Player Appreciation Thread

Started by DocFox [2664828] on in General Discussion.

50 replies · 1.86k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 51 / 51 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
51
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Infinity [463993] ×2 RGiskard [1953860] ×2 sugarvalves [1963573] ×2 Bwher [2137088] ×2 Maharball [2314085] ×2 Amaricq [2319515] ×2 KingCarnivore [2529289] ×2 begaydocrimes [2668560] ×2 Player 2693816 [2693816] ×2 Archer_Quinn [2737155] ×2 Cassandra [2741092] ×2 WHIT3H0NEY [2918415] ×2

DocFox [2664828]
Hi everyone!

I'm DocFox, the fox doc, charity worker (Revivers Without Borders), pacifist, and global chat's resident medic! Throughout my time on TORN, I've met a lot of really fascinating people. Some of them have become incredible friends and allies, and some of them stomped my face into the curb! I wanted to have a place where we could share our experiences with our fellow players about the people that impacted our time in this violent yet beloved city in ways we'll never forget.

Has there been anyone that's made your time here particularly enjoyable? A strong mentor figure, a friend when you were struggling the most, or even just someone who gave you really helpful advice? Share your stories here, let their name be known (if you'd like), and allow them to know that their efforts were certainly not wasted. ^^

I'm going to try to update this thread every day that I can with my own experiences because I want my friends to know that what they've done for me has never been forgotten. These will be posted in no particular order, and I welcome others to share their stories! <3

------------------------------------------------------

Player 1: Daylonne

Daylonne is a friend of mine from back in my days at TC-Medical. We worked in tandem to fulfill revive contract requests along with our fellow medics, and began having private discussions. It was to him that I first shared my idea for a freeviving coalition, even though I wasn't completely certain it could work. But Day was incredibly supportive right from the outset and immediately got to work helping me make my dream a reality. He designed artwork, pitched name ideas, researched options for growth and expansion, and spent countless amounts of energy to freely help others. Even when TC-Medical was bought out and we moved on, Day stayed on in RWB to continue to help many, many players and has always been one of the fiercest advocates for our work. I'll never forget the amount of time and effort he put into the group from its infancy, and consider him a very good, loyal, and supportive friend. <3

Mentions: Daylonne [2108285]

Flak [2091491]

[image: i.imgur.com] ..................



Yes!

A few, though i'm not gonna name them through fear of my stalkers abusing that information.

A lot of torn players fall by the wayside or put minimal efforts in, So a few have really stood out to me and i have a lot to be grateful for.

Leading groups is hard, it can get very serious when, for example, long term members and friends fall out, get ill or worse. If not for a small handful of special folks i'd probably not have found any success and would likely not have come back for round two.


YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE IF YOU SEE THIS


And incase they don't imma go send another gift to the ones at the top of my list. There have been a few and if all continues to go well, many more in the future.

Appreciate the good ones!! Its even better than shitting on the forum trolls!
Pez [2153605]
For me there is many people who have made my torn life what it is an most enjoyable especially all my brothers and sisters in MR

its a hard choice for me between 2 people, LadyD34 was iconic and such a lovely person and a great friend since day 0 this also applies to Airesslady.


But for me it has to be the main man ADOBI he is the actual definition of the GOAT, absolutely legendary also there to help at a blink of an eye he is a walking calculator he would stop what hes doing and literally calculate numbers for me at any given time. Such a friendly person in all honesty without having ADOBI around at times in MR i probably would of quit torn and he can vouch for that (maybe doesn’t know he kept me motivated) but he did.


Thanks boss
NRD2nd [2905417] Reporter
For me, it's Salfatore [2976745]. He's a great guy to talk to, and is always on, just in case. Whenever I forget my money for rehab, I instantly turn to him. He's one of the nicest people on Torn, I hope everyone can have the pleasure of meeting someone this amazing on their Torn journey

Mentions: Salfatore [2976745]

Janna0407 [3006907]
I appreciate my faction mates at Eclipse v2.1, without them moving over, I wouldn't have my big boost of income and knowledge in RWs.

And I'd like to thank the traders that I had the pleasure trading with as well, big shoutout to Maharball [2314085], begaydocrimes [2668560], Cassandra [2741092], WHIT3H0NEY [2918415] and especially to DaveyD [2693816]. Thank you for providing your service and being patient with noob me.

I also appreciate my spouse Bwher [2137088] for the marriage proposal, here's to the 1500 days merits.

Sadly I strictly followed the "no talking to any strangers" thing so I haven't made any friends from the Global Chat or Forums. So no friends shoutout or appreciation.

Mentions: begaydocrimes [2668560] · Bwher [2137088] · Cassandra [2741092] · DaveyD [2693816] · Maharball [2314085] · WHIT3H0NEY [2918415]

flare [2195157] Officer Officer
I've had quite a few players help me in my time here, but two that have quite literally altered the way I play are and made me better are:

1. easye - Kept me around for way longer than he really should have, as I basically used to be an idle player. Also gave me a second chance when the faction im currently in decided to start ranked warring. Despite having basically no stats he let me stay and learn quite a bit off of him and the others here (hopefully that investment has paid off for him). Also has trusted me enough to let me become co-lead (tbh I dont know how I ended up here either)

2. DrChrono - I've asked him way more questions and bugged him way more times than the average person should be able to bear and yet he always answers and tries his best to accommodate my requests (as dumb as they may sometimes be). Hes never been anything but helpful and honest so I hope ive atleast been able to partially repay him for all his help along with paying it forward.

A bunch of honorable mentions as well (no linky cause theres too many) Cyrax, Johnox, HOU5E, Emforus, Damaster, Black_Heart, Lazerpent, hemicopter are all people that have accommodated or helped me in some way recently despite them not owing we a thing. Also all the people who chat with me in the discrd (you know who you are)

Mentions: DrChrono [1372430] · easye [23315]

Crysi [3120141]
Love this DocFox!!
You are one of the players I would like to mention as just being amazing and such an inspiration!
I hv met so many awesome ppl from all over the globe in my short time on Torn which has really just made this game for me! From the 1st ppl I met as a newbie to my awesome faction, faction leader and the amazing ppl in our mother faction! I would like to thank you all for all the kindnesd and patience you all hv shown me and for all your help!! You brighten my days and brought a smile back on my face!!
Thank you!!
Fuckery [2653035]
Chocobo for being a mentor and a friend and putting up with my terrible decisions

Zane and Sainyte for being the two most genuine people I've ever met
nippythefish [2488304]
Oseb was an absolute godsend starting out. Met him when he was lead of HT-O. Dude loaned me 2 bil to get my bank filled. Gave him 50% of the interest until he got sick of it and forgave the debt (not counting the initial 2 bil). Amazing man.
The_Shrike [3173708]
Man, I got super tempted to make a reverse version of this thread, but I kinda enjoy the positivity, so I'll play along in the spirit of the post.

Firstly, I'd like to show appreciation to T_Degurechaff and M_Sioux since they accepted me into a Sweet Shop at a rank I had no right being in with the work stats I had, as well as the free trains they gifted me which expedited my career really since I didn't have to play jockey in low starred companies.

In a similar vein, I'd like to thank Illusive_Man and Saelona for both being willing to answer any questions I had about their particular styles of TORN, even though it could potentially make me their competition. Regardless, they both sacrificed portions of their time to actually help me learn the pros and cons of avenues I considered exploring.

To my spouse, Pakliuvom, who agreed to marry and essentially saved me from the searching I had done beforehand after my former went AFK. Now I live the cushy life in his PI with all expenses paid.

And finally to Magwayen, who went from an RW enemy that stomped my head into the ground, into a friend that I talk about the weirdness of TORN with.

Appreciate you all, and if anyone else wants to make it on my future list, feel free to chat.

[image: media.tenor.com]

Mentions: Insomaniac_Xan [3106135] · Lone_Wanderer [2775485] · Magwayen [3016004] · Pakliuvom [1676337] · Saelona [3052440] · T_Degurechaff [3063435]

DocFox [2664828]
Thank you so much for sharing your stories, everyone! I've enjoyed reading each and every one of them. ^^

Player 2: Bluemojo

After committing to the path of freeviving, I knew that money was going to be hard to come by. If I'm reviving for free and not attacking anyone, where would the money come from? That's where Bluemojo stepped in and offered me a job at his store, the first decent company I ever worked at! I was earning eDVDs like crazy, receiving occasional training, and made a lot of good friends in his company. Thanks to him, the initial funding for my work could begin and it was precisely the boost we needed! I'm sure my work stats weren't even that great to start and worry sometimes I brought the company's growth down some, but he still kept me on and we developed a very good rapport as friends, even after I left to pursue other ventures. Great boss, greater friend. <3

Mentions: Bluemojo [2636703]

Mikes [3138857]
Player 1- HowsThat. Quickly upon joining the famous WTF, he was in my DMs asking me if I was a lady. I responded with a profound no and without hesitation he said that it does not matter and that I can be whoever I want to be . This has made my self esteem hit 100% quicker than the weight gain that Nshade got from candy when he first started.

just want to say thanks to my mum and dad too for birthing me, I wouldn’t be be here without them.
Mikes [3138857]
Player number 2 - ITA. This may come as a surprise to some , and others. But being on opposite sides of the world and in completely different time zones, and never really talking, I feel we share a bond like no other.


Upon receiving a newsie the other day , my heart fresh with excitement as I noticed it was from him. I eagerly opened it and noticed a recommendation for a fish and chip shop in Brazil. Having tickled my taste buds and knowing with full intentions of never going to visit the one he recommended. I done the next best thing and ordered one from Uber eats. It turned out to be a great meal and I really appreciate him for that. It made my Tuesday night.
GR33NM4MB4 [2539511]
I would like to share my appreciation for DocFox. This dude does so much to help the citizens of torn. Thanks for everything you do doc.
Akenomics [2760106]
I would like to share my appreciation for Ralucakiss84. He was a polarizing character but he generously gave me 150b to kickstart my poker journey. RIP you fallen angel you.
Glimerlyn [2846901]
I would like to shout out GinoMontereo my former faction leader who helped me get off the ground. Thanks to him I experienced what a faction family should be like, it makes me want to return one day. Still offers his help by leasing me PIs, and being a very good trader!

Mentions: GinoMontero [2637154]