Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

job help

Started by Jeanmiller [3267372] on in Questions & Answers.

16 replies · 321 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
18
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100
Jeanmiller [3267372]
i litterally just want a hiher paying job but everyone is declining no matter how many applications i put in so is there anyone who would hire me pls (thank you to everyone who gave me lots of advise its very usefull)
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
You are brand new. The only companies who will hire you right now are companies that suck so bad they will hire anyone. And those aren't going to be high paying jobs.

Take one of the basic Torn jobs, like Grocer, Casino, or Army. That will allow your work stats to start growing.
Quinxa [2730602]
I got my GED a few years ago and I have applied for many VP and Executive Level positions, but no one even replies to my emails!

Do you think its my yahoo.com email adress? Or should I maybe mail a paper letter? I have sent in my headshot along with my ChatGPT written cover letter. I am frinley, smort and a reel go gitter. Why cannot I not find CEO job.>>?

What is rong with these "companeez" that they will not hire a good worker?!!?
ImPrettySelfish [3053227]
Hi green leaf. I was hella confused when I started too.this is hands down the best advice I can give you so if it doesn’t help you idk what to say. Baldr himself commented on your post. You want to look at his tutorial. I’ll link it below. You can make most of your newbie money once you get to level 15. You want to pick the casino job right now, in my opinion, because you are really working just to gain work stats right now and this job gives you 2 intelligence a day and the other places do not. Worry about nothing else. I’ve been here 200 days now and I’m still in the education job. Soon I’ll be promoted and I’ll be able to train my own intelligence stat. I strongly recommend the casino because it gives 2 intelligence and stay here until a flower shop or toy store will hire you when you reach lvl 15 and start flying. I worked at a flower shop for a few months and it paid me well because I got extra travel capacity when I bought flowers overseas. I’m trying to complete all of the merits from flying 50 times to every place. I’m almost done. This made me a lot of money. I’m going to go into Adult Novelties when I become principal here and get the passive done. Hope this helps
ImPrettySelfish [3053227]
Another positive of working for a company besides the good pay and it’s individual job perks is you get trained by your director occasionally. This seriously helps you grow your work stats over time. Anywho, cheers and good luck. Please don’t leave, torn is not bad. Below is the guide.




https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16034448&b=0&a=0
VaguelyCanadian [2678408]
I was going to suggest asking your faction to see if there are any faction companies that would take you in but then I saw the faction you joined and I'm going to advise finding a faction with at absolute minimum 500k respect, aiming for 1m+ if you can, and joining them before doing that. That 5k perkless faction will do nothing to further your growth and in all likelihood will be completely inactive within a few weeks. The benefits of an active, established faction will far outweigh any income you can hope to gain from joining a company so I would advise focusing your search on that first.
Celestino86 [2925740]
Fast track education job and to do that start in grocery or casino and get the promotions by being active daily. Once you meet the requirementa move to education jobs and then start using job points to promote to principal and then you can use job points to oncrease your work stats.
Emarlite [2441561]
How long does it take sitting in city jobs, to get the principal job perk?
Assuming you start from day 1 in grocer or casino and don't include education work stats gained (as people will take different courses)

However, the OPs answer has been answered by a few people above!

One, you are brand new, its usual to spend couple days in a city job whilst finding a reasonable company to join!
Don't expect your 1st company role to be brilliant pay, but you definantly want to be looking for 5 * with rotational trains!
If pay is what you are looking for, youre going yo be bit dissapointed! Most really won't pay a lot!

My advice would be to look at around 5* AN which gives rotational trains! You can use the job points to get edvd which you can sell for around $3.5mil, over an 8 day period thats 7mil you earn!

Once you've got your stats up, explored a little you can then see what sort of company suits you.
Definitely get the city passive perks quick as you can yhough
Celestino86 [2925740]
You need about 76 days to join medical then you swap and get stats to 500 intel then swap to education.

Granted its a long grind but when at education you can boost any of the 3 work stats even if needed in the future.
You say question has been answered yet op still in army job.

I doubt that other than non start ups would take newbies in.
I had this experience recently and the only way to get out is to build the stats yourself.
Bovril [2175036]
You need to realise this is a marathon, not a sprint. Take your time building work stats and perks from city jobs, some are amazing and well worth the crappy pay to achieve before joining companies.