Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Tabletop RPGs

Started by AnthonyDuBois [2846192] on in Hobbies & Interests.

9 replies · 144 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
AnthonyDuBois [2846192]
I like them. Do you?

Every sunday I play an AD&D campaign with my friends. It's fun to see them try and find a shortcut to treasure in my deadly dungeons, wether it is by taking the upper hand in battle, fooling or negotiating with monsters.

Some TTRPGs are more 'narrative' and or in different settings, and they are all fun in their own way, especially when you play them with friends!
Kezeru [2321297]
I also like them

Been a while since I've had a chance to play, even longer since I've not been a GM

Any other TTRPG's catch your fancy outside of AD&D? I quite enjoyed VTM and some of the warhammer ones.
AnthonyDuBois [2846192]
Not many recently due to time concerns, but I used to play a good variety of games in a club and a spanish-speaking discord server. Improvised PBTA games, GURPS short campaigns, Troika oneshots GM'd by me, all kind of stuff. I've never played VTM but did read about it and looks fun, how is it?
I GM AD&D because it is easier to play and has a game loop that I like.
Kezeru [2321297]
I've never tried a PBTA one, just gave it a look up and they sound interesting.
I have mostly GM'ed 5E but a bit of 3.5e and pathfinder
VTM was a pleasure to play, quite a bit of setup time for the first try (as always with a new system) but i found it rules easy, roleplay heavy.
The Warhammer ones are the opposite, but very rewarding once you get it right
Have you ever tired Risus? it's a good laugh for quick set up and a few beers kind of a night
BongoMabdul [2706121]
I have always wanted to play DnD and in general RPGs, this genre attracts me a lot. unfortunately, i have never met anybody to play with irl. I know my brother in law plays DnD with his friends 2 times a week, they do it on videocall... perhaps I could ask him if I can join. Here on torn I recently discovered a rpg in the forum, which I just joined, as a noob, let's see how it goes. Do you guys have any suggestion about a way to play ttrpgs online, like a website, forum, community...?
KennyZeDevilDog [3297513]
I've dabbled in the past, I'm always looking into getting more into. Just recently tried out Magic and really enjoy it so far. But I would munch rocks to be able to get a regular d&d game going.
AnthonyDuBois [2846192]

I suggest looking in public discord servers, there are some very active ones, though they are a big mixed bag so tread carefully, just like internet in general. Most groups use free VTTs (virtual tabletops) like roll20.net or a shared drawing board like magma.

Do you have a local games shop in your city? You can try go there to find a group.

The-Best-Name [3317942]

I run a PF game on Saturday nights, joing a 5 AD&D in Mondays soon. I've played several others but want to play BESM, Mutants and Masterminds and Starfinder.