Share about your dune 2 experience
DUNE 2
Started by Corleonee [3145244] on in TV & Movies.
About this thread
Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 12
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Authority score
- 8 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 51 / 100
I saw it Wednesday. I loved it, but Dune 1 was better imo
I thought 2 was very good and probably better than 1 , but I do prefer 1 for some reason.
That's very interesting. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind it. As I said I really liked 2 and can't wait for 3, but 1 had something fatalistic about it. You first get to know this barren planet. First encounter with the worm when they are harvesting spice. And of course when everything is lost. The same music you hear in 2 has this totally different feeling as it ushers in the assumed annihilation of the house of Atreides. Also the symbolism of the palm trees. It really had me and my gf leaving the cinema with the feeling we just saw the best cinematic movie in years.
I liked them both but I liked the second more
I put off watching Dune: Part 1 for a long time (New adaptations scare me, tarnishing previous works and all that).
Saw that Dune: Part 2 was coming out and decided to give Part 1 a go.
Obsessed. Immediately watched the second one.
Dune: Part 2 had more action and a great further building in the storyline, but I preferred Part 1 for it's brilliant bringing about of the story....and I now have to wait for Part 3, so maybe I'm just irritated in that regard XD
Saw that Dune: Part 2 was coming out and decided to give Part 1 a go.
Obsessed. Immediately watched the second one.
Dune: Part 2 had more action and a great further building in the storyline, but I preferred Part 1 for it's brilliant bringing about of the story....and I now have to wait for Part 3, so maybe I'm just irritated in that regard XD
I'm not familiar with the book, but Villeneuve won me over with Arrival and Blade Runner so happy to give anything he does a go. I missed Part One due to life getting in the way, sucks as it's one of the few I wanted to make the trip for IMAX. Decided I wasn't going to miss Part Two so wound up at a late screening, think only about five of us in.
I really enjoyed both parts. I feel Part One was better paced. Part Two seemed like it was rushing to get everything in. I understood what was going on in board terms, but I'd have preferred a bit more breathing and thinking space - especially around the part where they travel south where it just seemed to suddenly realise it had a lot to cram in before the end. The split between the two films feel like it was at the perfect point, I just feel that - dare I say it - Part Two could've benefitted from a longer runtime.
Really enjoyed the sections dealing with the Harkonnen's, even just from a cinematography point of view. Loved the brutalist elements of their world.
One thing I didn't really enjoy in Part One was Zendaya's performance. Admittedly I'd only seen her in Spiderman before, but to me it felt like she was just playing the same part again, which stuck out like a sore thumb aside the other Fremen actors. So that said despite bracing for the same, I was surprised how much better she was in Part Two, in retrospect probably because she has a lot more to do in Part Two.
Really enjoyed it. Great music, great visuals. Looking forward to seeing how Messiah is tackled, and it giving me an excuse to run through both again.
I really enjoyed both parts. I feel Part One was better paced. Part Two seemed like it was rushing to get everything in. I understood what was going on in board terms, but I'd have preferred a bit more breathing and thinking space - especially around the part where they travel south where it just seemed to suddenly realise it had a lot to cram in before the end. The split between the two films feel like it was at the perfect point, I just feel that - dare I say it - Part Two could've benefitted from a longer runtime.
Really enjoyed the sections dealing with the Harkonnen's, even just from a cinematography point of view. Loved the brutalist elements of their world.
One thing I didn't really enjoy in Part One was Zendaya's performance. Admittedly I'd only seen her in Spiderman before, but to me it felt like she was just playing the same part again, which stuck out like a sore thumb aside the other Fremen actors. So that said despite bracing for the same, I was surprised how much better she was in Part Two, in retrospect probably because she has a lot more to do in Part Two.
Really enjoyed it. Great music, great visuals. Looking forward to seeing how Messiah is tackled, and it giving me an excuse to run through both again.
Not like the books, ton is missing, core of the story is present and my God was it fantastic, every performance outside of Walken was perfect, after Paul drank the water of life and gave the Freman that astounding speech leading into an amazing nuke scene followed by a great action scene and a personal visceral killing of the Barron, then when he proceeds to speak the Freman language telling them to kill the Sadukar in Freman tongue, followed by the feyd/Paul knife fight.
The entire movie was amazing but that last hour was something else, and the music playing when he stabs the barron is the same music played when Duncan Idaho dies in the first film, was a great touch.
You catch many things on re-watchs, im curious how DV will handle Dune Messiah as 85% of the book is Paul in the throne room having inner monologs, prescience, visions etc, and gives directions on his jihad, if DV sticks to the books 68 billion people are about to get familiarized with religious fanaticism.
Excellent movie 10/10. PS The opening scene with the Harkonen climbing thay rock with hanz Zimmers beautiful sounds fuming as soon as they take off, was an amazing scene and really showed me this was gonna be some high quality Sci fi. Oh and spice melange is worm mucus from a early stage baby worm that dies in the sun and turns into the most valuable substance In the known universe.
The entire movie was amazing but that last hour was something else, and the music playing when he stabs the barron is the same music played when Duncan Idaho dies in the first film, was a great touch.
You catch many things on re-watchs, im curious how DV will handle Dune Messiah as 85% of the book is Paul in the throne room having inner monologs, prescience, visions etc, and gives directions on his jihad, if DV sticks to the books 68 billion people are about to get familiarized with religious fanaticism.
Excellent movie 10/10. PS The opening scene with the Harkonen climbing thay rock with hanz Zimmers beautiful sounds fuming as soon as they take off, was an amazing scene and really showed me this was gonna be some high quality Sci fi. Oh and spice melange is worm mucus from a early stage baby worm that dies in the sun and turns into the most valuable substance In the known universe.
1. You need to go to the cinema for this experience. The part alone where he uses THE VOICE on the elder bene geserit sister alone was truelly an experience.
2. Being a huge warhammer 40k lore fan, knowing it was inspired from the dune. Short to say, I'm a huge fan.
3. If your into Sci-fi movies than you should watch it.
I would go into details more, but I can only get so eroused and I don't want to spoil anything, so recommend 9/10
2. Being a huge warhammer 40k lore fan, knowing it was inspired from the dune. Short to say, I'm a huge fan.
3. If your into Sci-fi movies than you should watch it.
I would go into details more, but I can only get so eroused and I don't want to spoil anything, so recommend 9/10
For some reason unknown so far I also liked 1 better than 2, even tho 2 was very good, I keep thinking it was because 1 was all so new visually and 2 was too similar, but for some reason it's deeper than that
Complete snooze fest .. Part 1 and 2
Holy crap these movies sucked.