Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Scripts are BS

Started by FBomb [2657686] on in Tools & Userscripts.

10 replies · 778 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
72
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

Most-liked replies

FBomb [2657686]
20:02:48 - 21/04/24 You sold 25x Donator Pack at $23,500,000 each for a total of $587,500,000 to a shop
20:02:54 - 21/04/24 Someone anonymously mugged you for $29,400,016 sending you to the hospital for 0h 40m [view]


No way this was a coincidence, have to be some kind of script monitoring player(s) money on hand. Which means it’s impossible to “safely” move your money around. Posted this in the scripts forum, because I believe a script made this mug successful and needs to be addressed.
Miya [3054822]
reset your api keys

could be that they saw your last action update/you were gambling or buying items at the time as well though
Omanpx [1906686]
Only way for someone to see your money on hand is if they have your limited access or higher API key. Check your keys, reset them all as Miya suggested. If you're lucky, you might track down where you might have shared a key that was compromised.
FBomb [2657686]
The last action part makes more sense actually. I’ve had money on me before, not for long, but long enough to get mugged and nothing. Sell to the pawn shop and got smacked. That is better imo. Still a not sure what you get with the mug. Could have sold 1 point and mug only worth a few k.
Derivative [2209422]
Hi

sorry, this was me and was complete luck.

20:02:54 - 21/04/24 You used 25 energy anonymously attacking FBomb and mugged them for $29,400,016 (chain #1) [view]

Two of my faction mates said you bailed them out of jail for around ~21m each (JVginger & NinjaPanda), which ties in with your personal stats on bailed fees so you cant deny it.

I assumed you were just a noob that chilled with cash on hand, when i read the messages in fac chat. Apparently i got some insanely lucky timing.

As you can see from my personal stats, i very rarely mug, so i'm not some mugging scripter/abuser. Unfortunately for you, it was a complete coincidence.
FBomb [2657686]
Why would I deny bailing ppl out of jail? Lol
that timing is wild af! I made those bails like 3 hours prior lol
congrats on the mug in that case, since it was luck.
ThunderBlitz [2684774]
In addition to what's already been said....6 seconds, dude. Six seconds between selling and getting mugged. I'm among the more casual players in this game and often go, "meh, it's not real money" but dude, 6 seconds is plenty of time to make yourself unattackable (use a blood bag/ipecac & set a ghost trade with your faction leader, or fly for a few hours).

Good luck going forward, hopefully, it's just a learning experience for you! :-)



Edit: no misunderstanding, it's just surprising that you wouldn't protect such a large amount of money, regardless of where/how you acquired it. I've read that there are scripts that can alert a mugger when their target has a large amount of game cash on them, there are also job perks that show you exactly how much someone is carrying at that moment (the company I'm in has such a perk, although, I use my points for education time reduction only). I'll admit, I'm not sure if the aforementioned scripts are 'legal' or not but, I know they get used from time to time.

In short, always protect your cash, regardless of where it comes from, because someone's always able to see it somehow. ;-)





aPqRs disliked your post



Scripts are BS



X-D

I guess this is someone else who doesn't look after their cash.

Mentions: Scripts are BS

FBomb [2657686]
I think you misunderstood some things.


1. Unbothered by the mug, the timing was the issue. I literally congratulated the guy who mugged me lol.
2. I sold to the PAWN SHOP, so had no reason to anticipate a mug.

damn, that’s a short list, but all I got lol
Winged_Cougar [1993598]
Advertising oneself as a potential cash cow has nothing to do with luck. Once people find out a target is loose with money, a mug is always worth a try.