Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

i hate school

Started by WiseOldFrito [3138215] on in General Non-related.

24 replies · 233 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
20 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

DedeSiregar [2430598]
School is a luxury you can only appreciate when you live in 3rd world country.

I worked 3 jobs during college until I got scholarship. I really love school and studying. It's just not possible for me to do it now. When I am retired, I'd go back to college or take courses.
EverleighRaven [2949890]
I agree that school is something a lot of people don't appreciate and take for granted. Also, what are your favorite subject(s) to study in school?
8hane [2875215]
Join a study group. Or ask a teacher to help make your own study group you can do at school during lunch or after school. Most teachers will jump at the chance to get this sort of thing going. If your teachers are teachers for the right reason, that is.

The reason homework helps is pretty interesting. If you learn something, in a certain setting- in this case that's a classroom- you'll more than likely only be able to access a certain percentage of those memories at those times or places. This is one of the reasons students forget so much of what they learned during summer holidays. Not only that, it's one of the reasons why private boarding schools are so effective. That and ridiculous budgets.

Now... if you're set on not doing your homework, you'll just have to do it at school. A study group is a really great way to make friends. Also, if your friends are smart, you'll be able to copy their homework and that study group period can be used to just have fun. Lots of smart kids are required to be in extra-curriculars by their parents. A study group is like an excuse for those kids to actually have a break from studying lol.

I'm not the only person that's going to say this, but school is vital. Quitting school early is one of my biggest regrets. And if you quit without getting that diploma, it'll more than likely be your biggest regret later on in life when you want or need to get a job. Much like Torn.

tl;dr
If you don't like school, do something about it besides quitting. If you don't like homework, do it at school or make a study group and start enjoying your time at home AND at school.
MightyGoober [812478]
Personally I set myself a goal and reasoning of why I was doing homework and school.

Money. Big money.

Have a reward for yourself at the very end. Want to be making 300k/year? Do the homework that will get you there.
Otherwise, you’ll be working for minimum wage, all because your boss did their homework
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Anything related to economy, history, and languages. I got a marketing communication degree in college. My favourite subjects were marketing strategy planning related.

Marketing communication subjects are divided into 2 categories:
1. Marketing strategy planning (market research, integrated marketing communication plan, presentation skill, media budget planning, etc)
2. Copy writing and art (movie editing, art design, copywriting, etc)

I was bad at 2. I was too methodic and rigid.
But I was the best on my campus for number 1. I was so addicted to it, I joined all kinds of forums to discuss marketing. Just 24 hours thinking, reading, talking, working, and dreaming about it.

I even created the Marketing For Free movement. Our college students would help companies for their marketing campaign in exchange for their donations to any NGO they chose. Our motto was “If Knowledge Is Power Then Only Dictators Who Will Keep It For Themselves”. It was the happiest time ever.

I wouldda take my master degree after I graduated. But alas, my family needed me. That is still my biggest grieve in life. Maybe one day.

Do you remember when we all were kids, we all were passionate about our toys, movies, hobbies, etc? I wonder at what age some of us lost the fiery passion on doing something.

I am still that kind of person. The object of my passion may change, but it's still the same fire. The same kid who will run blocks away from home to chase a kite lol.
EverleighRaven [2949890]
This honestly sounds really cool, and I am glad that you still have that passion in your life. Honestly, marketing strategy and creating content like this sounds really cool (I'm leaning to #2 but #1 also sounds really interesting), and I also want to learn how to do it. Also, what is the Marketing for Free movement, it sounds really interesting and I want to be able to use my skills to help the non-profits I care about (like I don't have a lot of skills currently, but I am interested in learning how to do this, if it isn't too hard or to much trouble for me to learn.) Also, I hope that you will be able to do your master's degree on this one day.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Well all companies will need to do marketing campaigns whether it's for short or long term goals. It can be as simple as an advertisement in the media, arranging an event, a year-long marketing plan, or even product development. Marketing is their source of income.

Each of these needs analysing skill and planning, but most importantly money. One of the biggest things I did was designing an advertisement for an art supplier company and in return they gave us f**ktons of basic needs products like rice, noodles,sugar, etc.

It snowballed so they created an expo at the mall. I organised the expo and they sent a big donation to the Indonesian Red Cross.

By organised I mean making the budget plan, designing the booths, designing the promotional kits, arranging the competitions as entertainment, even so much as becoming the MC of the event lol.

We can within ourway bring the lights into the world. Even as simple as coffee roasting skill combined with management skill.

I created free workshops for farmers, drug addicts, and mini coffee shop owners. Where they learned all kinds of methods in coffee roasting, coffee brewing, and coffee shop management. Ten of the participants later go national.

I think my biggest obstacle is that wave of sadness that keeps haunting me randomly. Like the more we do, the more we realise we are very small people with so many limits. And no matter how much we give and do, there are still so much to be done and people in need.

And my pragmatic mind will know it was like trying to dry the entire ocean with a bucket. That feeling of despair really hurts physically like someone is stabbing my chest. And that’s when I usually go back to my hermit life lol.

Ignorance is a bliss am I right? If I don’t see it, I can’t care about it lmao.

I do not write this to impress you or anyone. I write this so you can within your own way bring the light too. Goodluck
EverleighRaven [2949890]
I know that you did not write this to impress anyone, but still, I am very impressed and inspired by how much you are able to accomplish and that you are able to use your talents to help people in need. Also I know that we cannot do everything, but you still have done a lot more to change lives and help people than at least most people I know.
EverleighRaven [2949890]
I really enjoyed PE in elementary school, not so much in middle and high school because we have to do workouts and actual sports practice (man, those burpees and squat thrusts sucked, but at least I had fun in the gymnastics unit), rather than playing fun games together, my favorites probably were four corners, all the horses run, sharks and minnows, sticks, stones (capture the flag), the titanic game, the parachute game, dodgeball, gaga ball, rock paper scissors snake, and I miss having a bunch of people to play games together like this. I didn't like the fitness tests tho, especially the pacer test. In elementary school, I also really wanted to be on the school relay team, but I just wasn't fast enough (I still can't get sub-20 seconds for my 100m dash.)
Vincent [1577779]
Damn most of these I have never ever heard of most of those ahaha we just did mostly common sports.




I would always do sports at all breaks, after school either be shooting hoops or something active also man they were the days




I always wish I grew up in America where sports is much bigger and a much bigger culture