Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Behind the scene

Started by Blvck_Avenger [2923879] on in General Discussion.

40 replies · 1.36k views · thread synced · 15 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
41
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Blvck_Avenger [2923879]
Hello Tornians,

I'd like to bring to the attention of the forum community about the recent actions of TonyCream and his faction and to equally understand the reasons behind his actions.

Not soliciting for help but just to see what the community thinks about this and what would be the best approach in solving this issue.

TonyCream and I had a deal to trade his previous faction "now Star X Premium"

Meanwhile, TonyCream had an ongoing war as at when I wanted to purchase the faction.

I proposed warring with my faction that week; since his ongoing war won't end anytime soon.

TonyCream was not okay with it - so I had to leave my faction and wait for about 3-4 days until his RW was over.

After joining, he made me wait for an additional 24hrs before trading the faction with me.

Afterwards, I got mugged by his member twice then I messaged TonyCream inquiring about the not-soo-cool behaviour of his member.

He was unperturbed and mentioned me offering his members a shitty reward for them to chain with me in his reply
Blvck_Avenger [2923879]
Meanwhile, I offered 20 edvds, and a dozen Xanax for participating members; and was willing to offer more if we pull on something impressive.

That aside... I decided to get back at his member that mugged me with a dog poop but was unsuccessful.

I then decided to let go of my grudges since they were not worth me wasting my time on

But I noticed that TonyCream had his members waste over 100K reserved respect on core upgrades I didn't ask for.

And his opinion was that they decided to; just because I delayed for about 40 mins before trading the faction. (They knew I had a negative value on my stock; so I had to sell some items to complete the money)

Tony Cream claims to have a good leadership skills but his recent actions have left me wondering what joy he derives in bullying the weak.

I think it's a show of gross ignorance and not to mention a lack of wisdom for him engage in such mischievous act on a game that's built on networking.

I guess it's hard to know one's true character until you fall a victim.

Whilst many may find his behaviour cool; I believe that Torn still have unbiased players that won't approach this issue from a point of anger/hate and won't be biased/sentimental in their judgement.

TL;DR: TonyCream and I had a deal to trade his faction. Everything went smoothly until I got mugged by his member. I messaged TonyCream about it which he gave a defensive arrogant reply.
I decided to let it all slide since it was best to pick my battles wisely

Well, everything went just fine until I noticed that TonyCream had his members waste over 100K reserved respect on core upgrades; they maxed the member's capacity and further increased the current chain.
I got pissed off that TonyCream did all these because I had a 40mins delay when trading the faction due to my stocks going down.

I call upon this community to seek council on how to go about this issue.

Below is a proof to attest to everything that happened

Edit: Added some important info
Hamr [2027992]
Kick whoever did it if they're in your faction, blacklist them otherwise.

Not hard.

You got mugged after buying the faction, so it seems like it wasn't a buymug and more a probably incompetent opportunist. Either he didn't get much, in which case lol why bother, or he did in which case you should take the L and protect your wallet better.

As for anything involving the previous leader - it's not his anymore, so don't care. Respec when possible, cycle out unsuitable members, recruit better ones.
Beerson [1576144]
Reserved

It seems to me that Tony did nothing wrong, he sold a faction and didn't want to deal with your bs, especially seeing that you have no idea what you're doing and it would probably be unnecessary headache for him.
Barry_Dylan [2653823]
Hold up, you wanted them to chain for you to 1k in a faction theyre technically not a part of anymore?

I'm not privy to the deal but I assume indentured servitude of its members wasn't a part of it.
TonyCream [2625416] Reporter
So, let's add some context that you appear to have conveniently redacted.

First of all, yeah we were in a real war when you asked to buy the Faction and multiple times you messaged me in order to get me to speed things up to benefit yourself. Our war was nearly over when you messaged me to inform me that you'd have to enlist this week (this was on Sunday) to which I said I wouldn't reserve the Faction for you if a better offer comes in during that time. If you're buying the Faction, you're buying it. Again, thinking about benefitting yourself.

You then asked me to loan you my Warlords to your other Faction whilst they warred, whilst you weren't there. You offered no collateral, and as someone I'm doing business with I just found the insistent nature to be a bit rude.

Then, when I moved to RH to buy this Faction you posted in Faction chat whilst I wasn't there to ask the team to run a 1k chain for you so you could benefit from the extra respect and their hard work. You didn't run it by me. They're not there to better your position.

[image: cdn.discordapp.com]

So yeah, final straw. You can sit in your new Faction. I hope that the Capacity is enough to host your ego.
Odin-All-Father [2010524]
If he used R on non-refundable upgrades before selling to you, then get a refund and give him the fac back. That’s a ridiculously lame thing to do.
Miya [3054822]
Tbf wasting respect on core pre-sale to screw someone over who paid for it as it was advertised is a ****y thing to do
BasiSingh [2598029]
It's better to be move on and they will f**k up soon...karma will get better of them..bullies usually message up with someone along the way and fall...
Odin-All-Father [2010524]
So you did waste R on capacity upgrades because he offered to pay your guys to chain before they left, without asking you first?

get over yourself you scamming wanker. Beyond pathetic.
Beerson [1576144]
Damn.

I thought OP was just misguided noob yapping, didn't expect to see such cringe. Still, even with OP being cringe and a bother, you did scam him by spending the respect.

Somehow you managed to be worse then OP.
White-Lion [2850068]
according to Blvck_Avenger it was not Tony, but some members who wasted the R. And as long as he cant prove that tony made them do it, Id say he is in the clear
Emerix [2187675]
Until further information is obtained, that seems like an extreme position to take.

TonyCream has been in the new faction 3 days, just long enough to get out of recruit status and complete the trade for the new faction. Most of the members in the new faction have been there for 0 days, further evidence that they just moved there upon completion of the trade.

OP is now alone in the old faction.

What could be equally likely is that, OP bought the faction, forgot/failed to remove everyone with perms, f**ked around and found out.
Blvck_Avenger [2923879]
And perhaps you forgot to include your response as to why you wasted over 100K respect on some shitty core upgrades I didn't ask for

"The Gremlins put it to a vote after your sleezy behavior whilst purchasing. Well, since you like chains so much. We weren't sure if the current size would fit your ego. It was that or we were going to drop bonuses on you for while"

Tbh, your actions are soo pathetic cos I informed you about my plans to organise a chaining competition on discord which you declined...

KARMA is real
Blvck_Avenger [2923879]
Tony did!

I'll post a screenshot soon

Meanwhile, here's his reply: The Gremlins put it to a vote after your sleezy behavior whilst purchasing. Well, since you like chains so much. We weren't sure if the current size would fit your ego. It was that or we were going to drop bonuses on you for while
Marky_ [2178899]
So you 'informed' him about the chain competition, he said no and you still tried to coax the members into doing it?