I've seen conflicting statments that you are not allowed to use multiple api keys to curcumvent the 30 second cashe like this saying that it is not allowed to use other user's api keys to curcumvent the cache. However, I have seen threads like this of people buying api keys. So is using other players api keys allowed or banned?
You're allowed to use other people's API keys, but you can't use those keys to bypass the 30 second cache.. although you can usually change the timestamp to legally bypass the cache, I can't find ched's post about it though. So you'd be using multiple API key to make more than 100 API calls per minute.
Extremely strange. So you have to manually configure additional api keys to follow the 30 second rule even though it by default is bypassed? Why doesn't torn just cache similar api calls from the same IP rather than an api key if it is not allowed to be bypassed? There already is a 1000 api call limit per ip so I assume it should come with the call.
You should be fine as long as you aren't purposefully trying to bypass a cache by using multiple keys. I imagine they don't cache it that way since it would make the API slower than it already is.
Back when I was doing Science(tm), I never ran into a problem.
Depending on what I was tracking, I would occasionally issue the same API call within 30 seconds using different keys and never got a warning. As long as you aren't doing something on purpose you should be fine.
Is many libraries and most frameworks have this baked in, that it automatically caches the results from the same API call for x amount of "time to live/time to die". Its purpose is to speed up API calls.