I don't mean to start any arguements or debates on this thread, I'm sure there are many others for that purpose. But to get a quick poll of where active Torn community members fall, feel free to take this poll. I'd really like to see where the majority of player identify. Again, please don't use this thread to argue. The options are listed from the extreme on one side to the extreme on the other.
Quick Poll
Started by Chevon [3237207] on in Politics & Law.
About this thread
Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 17
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 20
- Authority score
- 9 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Stephen_Lynx [2869110]
· 6 likes ·
Also, holy f**k, you think "conservative" and "liberal" are extremes? [image: i.imgur.com] - Chevon [3237207]
· 1 likes ·
When I say liberal, I mean whatever you believe liberal to mean. Should you be on one end of the spectrum, you will have an entirely different definition of the word 'liberal'.
Mentions: Political Compass Thread
Biased list of poll answers. Rejected.
Sorry, these are the terms used by my area. No disrespect meant by it, but how would you change the poll?
When you mean liberal, you mean "I don't want the government to dick around in my private life" or you mean "I am center-left"?
Edit: this is my compass results but I think it's bullshit. It doesn't accommodate stuff like "legalize all drugs" and "abolish public schools".
[image: i.imgur.com]
Edit: this is my compass results but I think it's bullshit. It doesn't accommodate stuff like "legalize all drugs" and "abolish public schools".
[image: i.imgur.com]
When I say liberal, I mean whatever you believe liberal to mean. Should you be on one end of the spectrum, you will have an entirely different definition of the word 'liberal'.
Then your poll is pointless. Some people conflate "liberal" with "leftist", it doesn't say anything about their actual political beliefs. Maybe if you asked if people leaned towards specific parties of a specific country then it would actually mean something, because there are consistent differences there.
Yeah, I know. Depends on the point of view. To a Faith and Flag Republican and a Progressive Leftist, all terms are completely separate. To a more unbiased voter, the specifics tend to blend together onto Left and Right, Red and Blue. And to someone who doesn't even live in America, the parties are hard to tell apart, leading to just being 'American'. I can't possibly include every ideology on the poll, but we can give the citizens of torn a vague (and I mean VAGUE) idea of the political situation.
In short: It's all just an approximate.
In short: It's all just an approximate.
I'll give you an example of better options then:
communist
progressive
social democraft
centrist
libertarian
ancap
conservative
monarquist
fascist
And let people use multiple options. You could be a libertarian progressive OR a libertarian conservative, for example.
communist
progressive
social democraft
centrist
libertarian
ancap
conservative
monarquist
fascist
And let people use multiple options. You could be a libertarian progressive OR a libertarian conservative, for example.
No disrespect to the intent of your poll.
However, once North Korea started using the term "Democratic People's Republic of Korea", labels like "Democratic/democratic" and "Republic/republic" started to not mean much, and North Korea's use of that particular term probably predates the birth of most of us on Torn.
However, once North Korea started using the term "Democratic People's Republic of Korea", labels like "Democratic/democratic" and "Republic/republic" started to not mean much, and North Korea's use of that particular term probably predates the birth of most of us on Torn.
[image: snipboard.io]
-8.63 / -8.92 for those keeping score at home
I also identify with the version that calls this "a lazy three year old's description of an ideal society" but whatever you get the idea
-8.63 / -8.92 for those keeping score at home
I also identify with the version that calls this "a lazy three year old's description of an ideal society" but whatever you get the idea
The quiz put me at Social Libertarian, on this chart close to Social Democracy/Liberal Democracy. Fair enough.
The far-left think classic democrats are conservatives, they called me a conservative. Shows how detached the far-left are from Democrats.
The far-left think classic democrats are conservatives, they called me a conservative. Shows how detached the far-left are from Democrats.
You mean you would have put yourself at social democracy/ liberal democracy, but your answers to the quiz say social libertarian? Interesting. I bet that's pretty common. I dunno, I just circled the section the quiz had put me in, but left to my own devices I suppose I'd have looked for the "stupid hippie" section, so... close enough.
I took the quiz and it put me almost in the exact center. I thought I was skewed heavily to one side, but I guess not.
¯\_(?)_/¯
¯\_(?)_/¯
I agree with that... far right nut jobs, think they're normal and won't consider other opinions or facts, far left nut jobs think they're normal and won't consider other opinions or facts. I'm a liberservative and can hold a conversation with people, as long as they respect my right to be me and not degrade or insult people just "because *everyone* knows something". There's too much hate in the world that needs to just stop. Except pedophiles. f**k those people. Literally and hard enough to kill them.
this is almost perfect poll set up you pass the exam