Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

A Problem at the Tracks - Is Pepper Spray OK?

Started by LoveLlama [2867654] on in Missions.

15 replies · 395 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

HarryWho [196532]
Hmm.. I have not made any note about avoiding using temporary weapon.

I believe any non damaging temporary weapon is fine. Smoke. Flash pepper tear should be alright.

But heg grenade and others with damage should be avoided.
LoveLlama [2867654]
Thanks, I ended up popping a Vicodin and failing 3 times, but I got it done in the end.

I agree with the no grenades though.
HarryWho [196532]
For this mission, A Parry melee is the answer because the system only select players with fist ,kicks or melee only for the mission. I don't remember seeing any target that uses guns in this mission.

I wrote a lot about Parry in this tutorial and guide thread.

I discuss about Parry interaction against Rage,Fury Eviscerate, Shock etc.


https://www.torn.com/forums.php#p=threads&f=47&t=16393821

Mentions: DUKE Mission Targets getting tougher!

LoveLlama [2867654]
Parry doesn't help... if you can't hit the target. My Speed vs their Dex was the main issue.
I have access to a parry weapon, and have used it on occasion, but it's unfortunately a chain whip.
cfcfcfcfcf [2814219]
pepper spray is ok, so is any other non-damaging temp
i am pretty sure the opponent is allowed to shoot, but most mission targets do not have ammo anyways
megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee Committee
You can use temps, as long as it doesn't cause damage. I routinely do that for missions where a specific weapon needs to be used.
HarryWho [196532]
Is the Duke Target having Dex at 64x your Speed?
For me, my Targets likely have 2x-3x Dex than my speed, if they are dex oriented stat. Tear Gas will equalise my speed and their dex, if not better. Pepper Spray, I try not to use for new targets as it runs the risk of meeting Motor Helmet.

As for hit chance and weapon Accuracy, this graph gives a good idea on how to pick your weapon of choice. At Speed :Dex Ratio of 1:1, the hit chance is exactly the weapon accuracy number.

[image: i.gyazo.com]

Be aware that the X axis is a logarithmic scale...

Most times with Parry is not that the weapon cannot hit, but some weapons cannot do enough damage, requiring the full 25 turns sometimes to complete the job. Some times resulting in stalemate. Whilst better damage weapons, can get the job done faster.

And that is where a Primary Eviscerate Weapon comes in play and use a Pepper Spray/Tear Gas to reduce enemy dex. Beware, Motor Helmet counter Pepper Spray. Albeit for this mission, one cannot use any other weapon than a melee or Fist.

See below a collection of Parry weapon in Players Cabinet Display. All the Parry has Accuracy within a small range of 52-63... Only exception is Guandao, but compensated with massive Damaged Stat. Japanese blades have the extra 10% damage from History Education, so even a Kama with 43 Damage is actually hitting at 47.3 Damage.

One generalization from the graph above is stat of 50 and below reduce effectiveness... Damage and accuracy above 50 will increase effectiveness.

[image: i.gyazo.com]

The Yasukuni has the worst Accuracy of all Japanese Slashing Blades, even worst than a chain whip but One of the preferred slashing blades among players.

So your comment that says Parry doesn't help with Duke Targets primarily because it couldn't hit, doesn't hold truth. Or maybe you can try suggesting having Quicken, Cripple, Motivate is a better option than Parry in order to hit Duke Target more times. Then we will have another different discussion and research, as we have to keep to the topic - mission only allows Melee or Fist.

Parry bonus doesn't care what your Battle Stats Speed is or what your Dexterity is. The Parry will have a chance to block the hit for you if enemy is able to hit you, whether you can return hit the enemy is up to your speed:dex ratio and the weapon accuracy.
LoveLlama [2867654]
look, i appreciate the info, i really do.
i have used parry weapons before and managed to parry 13 times in one battle.

but it doesn't matter, even if I parry all 25 rounds, if I can't hit them in order to do damage.

i needed to lower their ability to dodge, not their ability to hit me.

this is why I used the vicodin. i increased my speed, so that I could hit them. and the strength increase meant less hits needed.

i know there are some RW weapons that increase speed while using, which would have helped in this case, but I did not have access to any.

my stats are unbalanced, so due to my low speed, I generally have issues hitting targets, and have had on occasion to refuse missions due to the sole fact that when I hit them... I do zero damage.
HarryWho [196532]
If your BS is pre dominantly just one stat and nothing else... Then Duke missions are tough, this I totally agree.

But anyone following Baldr or Hanks ratio should do well provided the correct weapon is armed

Looks like you are fighting way above your weight class due to you training just one stat and neglect the others.

Cannot hit due to enemy Dex and only do Zero damage even after hitting.. wow.... What exactly is your BS ratio break down.
HarryWho [196532]
Vicodin :+
Effect: Temporarily increases all battle stats by 25%. Increases happiness by 75.


Hmmm.... Got no idea how a 25% increase in Speed overturn the fight for you.

In your case, I feel Pepper Spray is the only viable option, or a Melatonin if you feel rich. Pepper spray is totally nullify by Motor Helmet. Can Tear Gas which reduces enemy Dex to 1/3 do the trick for you? Some targets really require needle boosters like serotonin, melatonin, tyrosine ...etc. because of their weird stat make up

And sorry to inform you lowering Enemy Dex is only Cripple bonus. And that only appears in Shotguns and Machine Guns.
LoveLlama [2867654]
At the time, I was over 50% Def. I was referring to Quicken, which can appear on Slashing weapons.

I was referring to different enemies for the hard to hit or do 0 dmg.

When I run into a Dex whore, very common, it's hard to hit since my speed was my lowest stat.

The 0 dmg isn't generally an issue anymore, but previously running into DEF whores, it was quite an issue.
Now DEF whores still occasionally stalemate me, but it's over quickly the next fight.

I do not follow Baldr or Hanks, but have read the guides.
Until unlocking my first specialist gym, I was just training whatever gave me the largest boost and am now slowly correcting my stats.

But yeah.... Motorcycle helmets are annoying, just because Pepper Spray is so much cheaper.
HarryWho [196532]
Well if you have difficulty hitting even after using Temporary like Pepper Spray or Tear Gas.... Then even a Quicken 100% (Orange rarity) won't do much help.

Check out the hit chance increment for low speed attacker.

[image: i.gyazo.com]
Viciously_Grim [2752611]

I want to say I pepper sprayed him and prayed I wouldn't have to redo the mission.  I did not have to redo the mission.

 

Also for the above commentors... Isn't this a low level mission? Or was I just unlucky, getting it around level 10? I could maybe drool on a colored weapon but that's as close as I'm getting to one.

HarryWho [196532]

You will see the same mission again in the future with some other combination of Duke Targets. They are picked automatically by the system according to your Duke Standing Rating and Battle Stat Total.

 

Normally these targets will yield Fair Fight of x2.5 to x3.0 when you view in the faction main page. FF x3.0 usually Indicating that they are within 25% of your battle stat or more BS than yours.

Don't know this has been changed with the recent changes .

 

FF doesn't go above x3.0.