Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New Scam?!?

Started by Fasthands8934 [3228222] on in General Discussion.

18 replies · 1.01k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
17
Likes on archived posts
65
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

Fasthands8934 [3228222]
I have no idea if this is a scam or not, and if it isnt a scam, then it could easily be turned into one! What the "scam" is, is just a simple message to someone who has a bounty, and if the bounty was made anonymously then they claim they can find out who it is... for a small fee ofc. Now if there is a job that you can do this, then thats kinda cool ngl, but there is no way to prove it in the end! I wanna know your guys experiences with scams, and were they a good scam, or obvious asf!

(Edit* I'm new and I didn't know if this was a real thing or not, didn't mean to offend yall)
hemi [2165616]
A 7* cyber cafe can reveal bounties. The scam here would be if the person offering was not in this company and they'd either pocket the $$ or send you a false name, or overcharge you while buying a reveal for cheaper.
MightyGoober [812478]
Overcharge and buy the reveal for cheaper is not a scam.

That's just good business. In the end, your client got what they paid for.
hemi [2165616]
I figured the ", or" there assumes separation from the rest of the sentence and suggests another reason why someone might message that offer.

Certainly can't fault the business model if one isn't a liar, but it's even harder to verify if someone "got you a reveal" from someone else when you can't directly cross reference their job points used.

In any event, my response is usually something along the lines of, If I wanted one, I'd get one. Thanks though!
Beerson [1576144]
If someone messages me that they'd reveal my anonymous bounty, I'd definitely be a bit suspicious.

If I need bounty revealed, I'll turn to my friends in Bounty Hunters Guild to get that reveal from a professional who won't scam me.
Chirrut_Imwe [2827523]
I’m a wealthy aristocrat visiting abroad currently. Unfortunately my bank account received an error and I am unable to access my fortune at this time. Kindly send me $2000 USD, which will unlock my account. Once this is complete, I will transfer $250,000 USD for your trouble.


Sincerely,
Lord Duke Archibald Beef Wellington Esq

Edit to add: 21:06:40 - 09/05/24 Someone anonymously sent $2,000 to you with the message: gib two bipty k now ples

[image: i.imgflip.com]
DeadBwap [2760890]
01:47:33 - 15/05/24 You used 25 energy successfully reviving Fasthands8934 out of hospital
Doing free revives, then demanding payment is IMHO more of a scam than your situation.
Tuit [2257608]
that is not a scam, it is someone offering a service. Bounty reveals typically go for like 5M or something i think. imo dont waste your money on reveals especially being new, spend your money on something better