I've been playing for almost 2 months and I still struggle with the time zone differences - all I know is new day is at 7 PM for me.
Sometimes doing the math quick in my head works, but THEN if I need to math the math - i.e. figure out "9 hours from now" - I just give up.
So, I made a thing. Maybe this will help someone else. Cheers.
My Torn Time Table gets the time zone from your browser, then uses that time to generate a conversion table between TCT and your local time, and a chart of the next 23 hours for easy adding.
I'm sure the code could be a little cleaner, JS is not my forte, but it's simple and it works.
To install:
- (Torn PDA users see the second 'Note' below)
- Get the script on Greasy Fork here: My Torn Time Table on Greasy Fork
- No need to do anything, it auto-detects your time zone!
- Optionally, you can edit line 19 of the code to toggle if you'd like the table to auto-expand when you open the clock or load a page.
Notes:
- The script runs once on page load, your local time and the conversion table does not update real-time.
- This version is not working on Torn PDA and I won't be putting any further effort in to that functionality. Titanic_ [2968477] has made a version that should work here: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threadsf=67t=16398602b=0a=0start=0to=24796849
Screenshots:
[image: greasyfork.org] [image: greasyfork.org] [image: greasyfork.org]
Updates/Version History
v0.4.0 - May 24, 2024
- Added run-at key so script runs sooner, hopefully enabling Torn PDA support.
v0.3.3 - May 19, 2024
- Minor script cleanup after some testing, no operational changes.
- Greasy Fork requires me to make an 'update' to add screenshots, so...
v0.3.2 - May 12, 2024
- Fixed bug that resulted in negative time differences
- Added variable to toggle if you want the table to auto-expand
v0.3.1 - May 12, 2024
- Added link to toggle the visibility of the table, thanks to Mythia02 [2669499]
- Added tweak to align the columns nicer
- Removed a couple lines of code I left from debugging
v0.3 - May 12, 2024
- Released
Known Issues
None known at this time.
Mentions: Mythia02 [2669499] · Titanic_ [2968477] · [Script] My Torn Time Table