.
Grave
Started by Viciously_Grim [2752611] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 45
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 44 / 100
- Historical score
- 36 / 100
- Story score
- 54 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- VioletStorm [2233317]
· 1 likes ·
Don't sell/send/trash?
The $1 lock is not intended to be protection from selling. It's intended to stop scripters scooping up every last item during dollar sales. When an item is $1, only a certain pool of users can purchase that item.
The whole point of a bazaar is to sell things, not to keep the inventory tidy. If you don't want something to sell, don't add it to your bazaar. I guess I don't understand why you would want to add something to your bazaar for it to not sell?
Mentions: Patch list #222 : 14/12/2021
I don't do that, for the reasons listed above. That was an option someone suggested in a different thread about keeping items safe from accidentally selling them (not on suggestions forum). I did find a possible workaround however: placing items in a parcel. However I'd have to unpack them to use them, for example a suitcase or grenades. So not a complete workaround. But it would at least keep my items from accidental sale on my Item Market runs.
Display case? $999,999,999 bazaar listings? Being more careful when selling things? All ways of preventing this that are already in the game.
Yes, it's so easy and not annoying at all to stuff all my grenades into a random 99b listing when I'm doing item market runs and then not have them available bc I forget they're there where I go in for a chain.
Oddly enough, equipping items makes it so I can't sell the excess items from the Items tab, but can still sell them at shops, bazaar, or item market. Perhaps I should put a bug report in for that?
You seem to be seeking a solution for a very niche, self-inflicted, problem. "I'm selling stuff I don't want to," would seemingly involve the solution of "Then pay attention when you're selling things?"
You can get a Display Case and put things there, if you're just too lazy to NOT use the "Sell All" buttons, and then take them back out when you're done. But realistically, you're going to be having to do just as much work to move the items out of reach from the Sell All button as you would just actually going through the list with a little more attention and caution.
I've accidentally sold stuff while not using Sell All, actually. It's kind of easy to do when selling 100 trash weapons/armor at a time /shrug.
Yeah that's totally how it went down. I'm actually literally crying right now thanks for pointing it out.
When I was doing Grand Theft Auto in Crimes 1.0,
I would do a week of carjacking then sell them back to
Torn City Docks. They were a decent money maker.
Unfortunately, once when I tagged all cars to be sold,
I inadverdantly tagged my newly purchased Sierra Cosworth
and sold it off at the discounted price of $22,000.
That sucks. I sold off a pricey car I was hanging on to as well. Woopsies.
Don't sell/send/trash?
What would be the purpose of holding onto the thousands
of cars and jackets that I have acquired in Crimes 1.0
and all the crap that I now get through Crimes 2.0?
I made millions of dollars from selling the cars.
I gave away thousands of jackets to people for their trash merits.
You get messages if you have more than 15,000 items in your inventory
and there are already millions of items
(the majority useless: take a look in my display)
sitting gathering virtual dust in people's display cases.
edit:formatting
Yeah, that actually would be a great expansion on this. I'll add that.
I read it as "make the title don't sell/send/trash, not just don't sell". Not that you/I shouldn't sell/send/trash stuff. I actually like that and added it to the suggestion. Don't *anything* with starred items.
If only we had some kind of display case or something
If only I did. So sad. Buy me one daddy?
/Also don't. I don't want a display case. I want a star on my items.
I want a cool trillion dollars. But as the great poet Jagger once said, you can't always get what you want.
No but we can all complain about it here and have Elizabeth come in and tell us all how dumb we are for wanting to play an upgraded version of this game when this game is perfect as it is. See, even you get to complain about things, doesn't it make you feel so incredibly validated
Oh sorry didn't catch you actually are Elizabeth back to tell me how dumb I am all over again. Sorry I can't fix that for you
You do realize that every time you come here to take a jab at me it just pulls my post back to the top, right? What is the point? You need some tissues and lotion or what