Afternoon, all.
I am considering QUITTING the forums once and for all 😤😤
I have a confession to make:
I am completely ADDICTED to the FORUMS. I know it might sound ridiculous to some, but the truth is, I can't stop thinking about what the next thread is going to be. My mind is constantly buzzing with thoughts about new topics, potential responses to people being nasty to me, and how many likes my latest thread might get. Every thread I make I try to push the boundaries of shock to try and get even more engagement, upvotes and responses.
The only thing that keeps me logging is my precious karma and finding new and innovative ways to get even more karma.
But here's the thing: I know this isn't healthy. I recognize that this addiction is taking a toll on my productivity as a succesful and rising lawyer irl. Additionally, it's taking a toll on my relationship with my hot 18+ real life girlfriend. I am constantly on my phone on dates or family time and it's getting to a point where my 18+ GF is beginning to think I am cheating on here.
Addtionally, as weird as it might sound, the bullying and nasty comments I receive in the forums actually turn me on. In real life, I'm constantly asking Mrs. Ferrett to call me demeaning names and things like that.
Just the other day I was on my phone and Mrs Ferrett asked to borrow my phone to google something, I said sure and all of a sudden she was shouting at me asking "what's all this then you f**king weirdo" - it turns out she'd clicked the first tab and found the Shrek dick pics I'd made and posted all over the forums. To everyone on torn it's fine but you try explaining to your significant other why you role play as a ferret headed shrek who had a dirty bomb as a penis.
DISCUSSION: we need a self-imposed timeout feature for the forums, similar to the one we have for the casino. The forums are just as addicting as the casino if not more addicting. Bogie and Ched need to do the right thing and allow players to take a self imposed ban from forum .
Torn has many addictive aspects which keep us coming back for more? How do you manage your addiction?
thanks Theferrett
EDIT: YES TITUS IS FUNNIER N BETTER LOOKING THAN ME BUT THERES NO NEED TO f**kING RUB IT IN, IM GOING THRU A LOT RN