Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Notifications for Faction/Company forum posts

Started by ShadowSentinel [3061862] on in Suggestions.

18 replies · 127 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
ShadowSentinel [3061862]

As simple as it sounds

Presently, if anyone posts in the My Faction Forum (and by extension My Company forum), there doesn't appear to be any sort of indicator to other members that a post has been submitted unless you manually go to the forum to check - which barely anyone remembers to do so

As such, faction leaders either seem to resort to using mail, newsletters, or external tools such as Discord, all of which provide some form of notification for activity, and the Faction/Company forum is largely forgotten about

It seems like it'd be a handy place to store information that needs to be retained longer than the chat, such as war details, but at present having to message everyone to go check the forum just seems redundant that we don't bother

This request is simply to have the 'Faction Forum' area illuminate on the sidebar when a new post is added

 

Runalf [2047589]
There is already an indicator as the text goes lighter or darker when there is a new post. (depends on using light or dark mode)

EDIT: Oh wait a second, I didn't even know it was possible to put the forums at the navigation menu.
Yeah a highlight would be nice for sure!
ShadowSentinel [3061862]
I'll have to retest, but I tested it earlier with a faction member and they sent me the below showing that the Areas bar didn't change after I made a new post

[image: cdn.discordapp.com]

Everyone I tested with so far as had Dark Mode enabled I believe, so I'll check on light to see if that's any different
ShadowSentinel [3061862]
Unless there's a setting I'm missing, having added a new post and checked with others in the faction, the above indicator does not appear to light up after the new post has been added

Bump
Runalf [2047589]
Oh wait a second, I didn't even know it was possible to put the forums at the navigation menu.

Yeah a highlight would be nice for sure!
ShadowSentinel [3061862]
Gonna give this one another bump as I think it's a fairly minor but worthy addition.

Same logic should probably be implemented for the My Company forum, although I personally don't use that, makes sense to have it act the same

I'm presuming this is by design and not a bug
ShadowSentinel [3061862]
Bump. Tried to collate some details on the forum for an easy to reference place. Had to message everyone to say there's a post to even look at. Pretty annoying.
ShadowSentinel [3061862]
Gonna go for another one of them there bumps. Made a post on our faction forum with some war info, had to manually tell everyone it was there. Pretty much just not bothering with the forum now as a result.
ShadowSentinel [3061862]
Bump.

I’ve also only just discovered subscribing to a thread doesn’t send you a notification for new posts, you still have to go to the forums to check your subscriptions…