Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Abusive (torn) Spouse?

Started by ErogenousJones [3251757] on in General Discussion.

56 replies · 1.85k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 57 / 57 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
57
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

OGLvy [3276558] ×1

ErogenousJones [3251757]

Been married (in-game) for 37 days now. Overall it has been fine, although very one-sided financially as I pay for everything.

 

However over the last couple of days I feel their mask is slipping. They've turned into a real f**king asshole and actually started beef with a small faction by attacking low-stat players for "selling their beer too cheap and undercutting the market". This escalated to the point they were kicked from the faction we were both members of leaving me to resign my position in solidarity(shame). This upset me as I enjoyed being part of this faction, I felt I did well for them and enjoyed benefits as a result.

 

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is I want to kick them out of my rented PI and divorce them.... AIBU?

Shenzi [2410113]

your choice no one really cares there actions dont effect you unless u let it. if u dont know them in real life why bother knowing them on here if u think there a dick?

Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor

NTA. Obviously spouse is gaslighting you and a huge narcissist. Lawyer up, hit the gym, send the kids to your parents', and divorce.

 

... wait this isn't Reddit?

 

 

 

 

HOLUX [509465]

This thread won't go the way you thought it would, OP...

 

But anywhoo, here's popcorn:

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

CrookedTom [2805521]

Although the idea of finding comfort in a spouse and being devoted is an ideal scenario,

there is nothing worst than a spouse gaslighting you.   

 

Make a point of being more assertive, and if they still don't get it.. dump them...

Imagine having to live your entire TORN existence walking on egg shells...   you MUST grow!!!

 

spread those wings

OGLvy [3276558]

Classic narcissistic abusive behavior from you. It was all love bombing and promises at the start, but as soon as things got tough you ghosted. 

 

He nearly left me alone to fight off an entire faction after my just crusade, threatening divorce at my lowest moment. Of course, after I won he came crawling back - only for me to find him complaining here. Big man in the forums, not so big in the sheets I'll tell you that much.