Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

a hypothetical

Started by Sizzlik [2411820] on in Questions & Answers.

17 replies · 291 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Sizzlik [2411820]

I asked a question about what happens when you share an island with someone, paid 50/50, but the person with the keys never comes back. Youre bound to the significant afk other then to stay on your half of the island, no way to pay your way out. Was an interesting discussion.

Now another question popped in my mind for the same topic. Lets say the person i share the island with was AWOL for over a year, now decides to come back but creates a new account for whatever reason..be it fresh start, dont want to talk to others, forgot login...and he is catched as multi and the accounts get deleted..what happens to the PI then? Would i be homeless and a billion short because another player did something? Would one of the multis stay in fed and i can stay on the island? Could i inherit it? Did it happen before?

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

The PI will remain forever so long as the player is something like 500 days old. Accounts only get deleted of they meet a certain criteria. Looking at your inactive spouse, I'd say you're very safe. 

 

You can't inherit it. But you can still live in it. 

EverleighRaven [2949890]

I live in a beachhouse with my fedded spouse, and for me, after his money ran out, I can still live in the property, and I am the one paying upkeep for it now.

MajKasul [2529108]

Why though. Find a new spose and share pi upkeep there.  Your marriage age is very low. If you’re chasing merits. Even rent a pi. You really benefit from better the property happiness. 

EverleighRaven [2949890]

I am staying married to him, yes to chase merits (also, my marriage age is higher than yours but not by much), but also for sentimental reasons (because I miss him, and it's hard for me to let go), and also because I like living in a beachhouse, and plus, it is a good conversation starter, and a lot of people ask me about it when we first meet. Also, I do not have enough money to live in a PI, even if I split it 50/50 with someone else. I am also not really using my happiness for anything right now.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

You're 300 days old and severely gimping yourself. Sentimental reasons cast aside; You can't afford a PI because you're making zero effort to be able to do so. A PI rental is extremely cheap. A few flower/plushie runs a month can pay for that. 

 

You're problem is you're not level 15 yet. If you're level holding at 12, stop immediately. Level 15 is almost literally mandatory to get some cash flow going; you really need to venture into the tutorial and guides forum. 

 

Here's a good one, Baldr's Guide:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16034448&b=0&a=0

 

If you're dead set on playing the game socially, you're actually sabotaging yourself by remaining married to an inactive player that you can not possibly socialize with. You're 5 years out on getting the "merits" wouldn't you rather do that with an active player? 

Mentions: Baldr's Basic Advice

EverleighRaven [2949890]

I think it is actually safer to do so with a fedded player because they cannot divorce me and ruin all my progress.  Also, I don't really care about progressing, I'm just here to chat with people, read and post on the forums, and sometimes get into debates with people and learn something new about the world.  I don't need to be married to people to chat with them or to make friends with people, and I am level holding at level 12 because I don't want to lose access to the new player forums.  I do not really care about making money, and besides, most of it goes to my friends who ask for it.  Also, is flower/plushie running still profitable after the points update?  I'm pretty close to getting the revive skill, but I could probably make more money selling losses than reviving people, since it requires so much more energy.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

So it's entirely social for you. Gotcha. 

 

As for flower and plushie running, it's still extremely profitable. People are upset because it wasn't as profitable as it was before. Not that they aren't making any profit. 

 

Tho I do have to wonder how you even still have access to the New Player areas as your account exceeds the playtime to even have access. That's gotta be an unreported bug. 

EverleighRaven [2949890]

Oh okay, that makes a lot of sense. I have not bought and sold plushies for a long time, so I don't know.  Also, I mean I don't have access to the New Player Chat anymore (unfortunately-I liked NPC more than Global because it was more active, and I regularly got to chat with new people), but I still have access to the New Player Forums, because those forums are available to all players level 12 or lower, regardless of time played.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

I should note that revives are only expensive for you because you are not in a revive faction. If that's how you want to play, join a reputable revive faction, revives will be only 25 Energy, compared to 75. Normal price for a revive is 1 Xanax or $1mil, which is vastly more than selling losses. 

 

Again, you REALLY need to check out the Tutorial and Guides forum, and the guide from Badlr I linked above. 

 

You're a year into the game and these are things people only a couple days old know, because they read the guides. 

EverleighRaven [2949890]

I know this, but I think that I either won't meet the requirements to join a specialized revive faction, I don't want to war, because I don't like attacking people, I don't want to take Xanax or other drugs, because I might OD, and also because I'm taking education courses, and I can't rehab without traveling, and also, having to do revive contracts regularly sounds pretty demanding.  Also, I am already in a faction with some pretty nice people who took me in, even though they are not very active in the faction chat.  But I'll think about it, once I actually get the revive skill.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

You're thinking about it entirely wrong. You get paid during contracts for the revives you do. You usually do not have to take Xanax, there's tons of drug free players in revive factions. But with a full E bar, with donator status that you'll eventually afford, you can get paid 6mil per bar. 

 

6mil is better than nothing. Just think about that. If you're as social as you claim to be, you can also pop up the trade chat while talking to people. People are always requesting revives, tell them 1mil or 1 Xanax. Most players are very good about paying, there's some douchebags out there, but that's like anything. Most players will happily pay, especially Thursday thru Sunday because they are doing ranked wars and such. 

 

Yes, revive factions do fight from time to time. This is important for any faction, keep you battle ready, and teach you the game. 

EverleighRaven [2949890]

I do not really want to pay for donator status, because that costs real money (from me, or from another player), and I don't necessarily agree with how that money is being spent (for political reasons.)  Also, I find trading and torn "business" to be rather boring, and I prefer to talk to people about deep, and interesting things, such as life, experiences, politics, religions, sex, relationships, world/personal problems, passions, interests, creative endeavors, hopes, dreams, etc.  I am not as social on here as I used to be, because before, in order to maintain all of my friendships on here, I would need to be on Torn for many hours every single day, chatting with people, and that basically took over my life, and caused my grades to suffer as a result.  So now, I don't really talk to people as much, but there are still some people that I chat with regularly, as well as others, less-regularly (but now, I instead spend more time on the forums, but it is still much less demanding than trying to keep up with 20 different people's lives, and sometimes having 4 or more conversations running at the same time!)  Also, I don't really understand: why do revive factions also have to war?