Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Getting bored

Started by Str1ngerBell [2892280] on in General Discussion.

54 replies · 1.8k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 55 / 55 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
55
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Toes [2095421] ×1

Str1ngerBell [2892280]

The game is starting to bore me a bit, do you guys have any tips on how I can make it more fun again? Currently, all I do is fly, train and occasionally mug. Surely there must be more than that in this game to make it more fun? There is the gambling part of course, but i also don't want to lose money orso...

Vincent [1577779]

For me I just enjoy logging into take Xanax aiming for stat targets so I am not help to your post 

Other than that Halloween is the goat 

Coworker [3280976]

Try NOT flying. That has to be the most boring thing in Torn.

 

I think if you take some time to be creative and look around,

 

you'll find fun in a lot more places than you would think!

 

 

Aaassh [2546369]

Buddy you're in NPO. Have you not got yourself involved with the NPO wiki yet? Get there and into the graces Supreme Leader Nemphesis, and it will not be only your gameplay changing for the better. Your life will also be transformed.

Prepotente [1546499]

I found enjoyment in the ppl u meet along the way. 

 

Right now I'm enjoying my catapulting nw from getting lucky on some caches, my friends in the faction, helping newer players get on their feet etc. 

 

 

Prwrld [2937519]

I am Not joking..... Try and Make some enemies.. they'll make the game more interesting for you 

Beerson [1576144]

Obligatory Can I have your stuff when you quit.

 

You have to come to terms that this is something you play on the side, you just upkeep your account and try to get your numbers up so you can have fun in multiplayers events. Oops, Ched deleted most of those. I guess you have to wait whole year to have fun during Halloweek, I'd say TT wars could be another source of fun, but Uncle took notes from Ched and cancelled the Ireland war for us (I'm kidding).

 

Or you can huff Ched's copium and work on your account for the events that will come Soon™. Good chance they're not going to be attacking events tho, as per Ched's comments, so the likelihood they'll be fun is low and the likelihood of you using the stats you spent years building (at the point the new events are released) won't matter is high.

 

Sorry for being doomer, it's been a rough year in Torn.

ExecKiller [3326165]

I love the fact that the gameplay mechanics of this game allow you to log in as often or as little as you want to. I can log in 3 times a day to take xanax and log out within 10 seconds if I really wanted to and I'd still be progressing at a fast rate. On the flip side if I want to stay logged in all day, there's usually plenty for me to get involved with. As has been previously stated, NPO is amazing and has a super active discord and forums. I've never known there to be silence in the chat.

 

TL;DR - If you're bored, go play poker in the casino, low stakes so you don't ragequit the game after losing your entire NW.

Filthy_GrincH [2605359]

You could 

 

Stop flying start poker and/or RR and/or active trading (buying low selling high, not fly) 

Mugging takes a lot of time researching and studying others to be effective - specially at lower battlestats.

 

OR

 

keep your routine and just consider Torn as a little side game.

Wolverine [1971836]

this game takes only a few minutes a day.

 

play another game on top of this.

 

Chedburn removing several yearly events, not releasing any new crimes, not improving the territory war system, it's inevitable that players are spending less time with this game.

hedonist [2697411]

idk, maybe make drama in here in any form you want at least, it'll give you a bit of attention too if you also like that.

 

Just like in life do something that makes you feel alive.