Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Am I missing something?

Started by XTimidEnigmaX [3284199] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 335 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
XTimidEnigmaX [3284199]

I've been slowly getting the hang of things around here but there's 1 main thing at the moment I'm curious about. The character we see with clothes on, can other players see Ours? If so, how and can I only add hair with a mask? (Trying to look more fem.)

 

I tried to look through tutorial, wiki, etc, and didn't get far so I figured I'd ask here.

flare [2195157] Officer Officer

You can see the other players clothing, armor, hairstyles etc when you attack them.

 

Yes you can wear hair with a mask, it may just be partially obstructed by the mask.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Also note that some clothing items you can wear over top of armor to disguise your character a little bit. On the attack screen it's possible to tap on each part of the body and reveal the armor tho, even if it is covered up. But at least you can wear armor and doll up your character to a certain extent anyway. 

Cross [3166348]

I think hairstyles were available from the token shop, but since I've been playing there's no way to get tokens so I've just been wearing a hat to hide the bald head 😅

 

I also tried a flowery dress to look more feminine but it was super terrible! 

 

Potentially the planned changes to spending points might provide hairstyles and other ways to customise a character's look but that's just a guess and who knows when it would be anyway.

Kaedynn [3253015]

I hope they'll just make hairstyles available to all. With cost or just as a chara creation selection. With the same look, it's like Torn City is a Clone City with just varying armor 😂 

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

You can get the masks from doing Missions for Duke.  I got the young lady mask and finally have girl hair lol. Don't bother buying off the market, just do the missions, earn money, and get the special ammo merits (and later: books).

XTimidEnigmaX [3284199]

I caved and got the young lady mask. I wish my clothes were visible instead of my armor though. Bought cute outfits and they are hidden 🫥 oh well. Never know what can happen in the future updates though. I'm not cut out to be a Ken lol.

chooseoneforme [2972759]

you have to wear the clothes for them to be seen on your character

click the little + icon next to each item you want to wear

the clothing will appear as if its placed on top of any armor items you have

for example, if you are wearing combat boots for armor, and sneakers for clothing, your character will appear to be wearing sneakers

hope that makes sense!

 

TLDR: the clothing hides the armor, not the other way around :)