Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Monarch taking over Torn...?

Started by BongoMabdul [2706121] on in Faction Discussion.

96 replies · 4.03k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 97 / 97 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
97
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

BongoMabdul [2706121]

Hey guys, I'm here writing this because I'd like to... understand, gather opinions, open a discussion, ask explanations.

I am sure many of you have noticed the surge of Monarch *put any name you like here" factions lately.

My faction is currently in a RW with this strange thing called Monarch Oscuridad.

They are at platinum 2, 75 people, just enough to get to diamond. 71 of these guys are... I don't know how to say... noobs? Their age, their stats, are so low... I never in my life thought such abomination could exist.

In this war, they are paying us to lose, which is a good deal to us, but I'm wondering how many times did they pay to win, to get to plat 2?

Is this a diabolical plan by HQ to breed a new generation of soldiers? Is this, along with all the other new Monarch monstrosities, a cache farm exploiting noobs?

Are SMTH members slowly infiltrating torn most powerful faction's leadership, teaching them how to exploit game mechanics to make money like a real pro?

My faction's rw just started against this strange monster called Monarch Oscuridad, they are paying us to lose, and... idk I'm feeling dumb.

What the fck is going on here?!

Kalisa [2014200]

Ched made RWs the #1 or #2 money maker in torn. Either you take the money ched is offering, or you don't. 

 

Totally up to you and your faction. 

Starbreaker [2737884]

Sorry, the current meta is ONLY for formerly SA-aligned factions to make rambling, nonsensical posts about Monarch and the pervading alliance. As discussed in the Super Duper Secret Crypto Discord, we have to wait another month. 

Madgod [1733719]

Monarch? Exploiting noobs? Say it ain't so!

 

I talk about this in my two part documentary of Torn. I put a lot of effort into these videos in terms of research and data analytics, so hopefully you appreciate them. 

 

Part 1:

 

YouTube video vs2AGMfDpUo

 

Part 2:

 

YouTube video 3tqQRtG5Reo

 

Edit: 3000th forum post apparently. I don't think I could have picked a better one

 

Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor

Perhaps ask your leadership why you’re taking the loss. As for M factions our expansion has allowed us to recruit and house newer weaker players who will one day be fostered into talents in the future we otherwise wouldn’t have been able to, it’s great.

BongoMabdul [2706121]

It has been like this from the very moment I started playing, i dont know how much longer before that.

Point is, there was I think 3 factions? Hq, engineering, research. The trinity in a way. But now... what is this?

Farms, okay... but... letting these factions have the name Monarch behind the *insert any word you like"... Apart for the joke... definetly takes apart the prestige, waters down the value. And really... Oscuridad is just literally a monster to me

Kalisa [2014200]

Do you not know what cache farms are, or how they work? Monarch is late to that game, honestly. 

 

We were the last major family to jump on that bandwagon. 

Madgod [1733719]

m8 if you think I give a shit about cache farms you're dead wrong bucko. I mean, did you even watch the video? Monarch sucks because the mongs of this game bought into your shitty PR campaigns. We all know that the only thing that distinguishes monarch from other factions in this game is an illusion of prestige

Versace [2056012]

If you consider who their leadership and senior members are, you'll notice some very strong minds who historically have excelled at generating insane wealth (and translating that wealth into insane stats). Racket income, RW rewards, private treaties etc are incredible earners and they've managed to grow their power & influence to where they've been able to scale that business model right up. These are people who understand the games mechanics very well and manipulate them to squeeze out every last cent on offer.

 

I see people hinting at or even overtly claiming they are exploitative, but consider the loyalty of their members. You don't get that without looking after your people. 

Kalisa [2014200]

M8, I wouldn't watch your stupid videos if you paid me. 

 

And "illusion of prestige"? Methinks you haven't been paying attention to reality. 

 

I'm pretty sure it wasn't an illusion that caused half the factions in the game to beg us for a lasting peace. There's a ton you can shit on Monarch for, but illusions aren't really on that list. 

Caleian [2185438]

M8 Monarch doesn't exploit noobs. They spread wealth if you put in the work...  not going into details here but my faction just reaped some great rewards for having some fun fighting on torn.

Madgod [1733719]

illusionary prestige = more mongs joining = more manpower 

 

like duh, the fact I even have to explain that to you is just proving my point

 

Some people who are legally mentally retarded show great displays of seemingly superhuman strength. I forgot where I was going with this but I think you get the idea