Any thoughts on the 2024 NBA draft?
2024 NBA Draft
Started by RapidAssassin [2781031] on in Sports.
About this thread
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 20
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 10
- Likes on archived posts
- 16
- Authority score
- 23 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 57 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Lil_Freek_78173 [3318510]
· 2 likes ·
The bronny pick was such a publicity stunt. Putting a washed up star before the team is crazy - RapidAssassin [2781031]
· 1 likes ·
Frr, only reason they drafted Bronny was to keep LeBron happy there, I still dont get why they want to build around a 39 YEAR OLD LeBron
Boring AF.
Only time will tell if this draft class is as weak as I think it will be. It has the makings of an all time weak class.
The bronny pick was such a publicity stunt. Putting a washed up star before the team is crazy
Frr, only reason they drafted Bronny was to keep LeBron happy there, I still dont get why they want to build around a 39 YEAR OLD LeBron
Nepotism took spotlight this draft
I don't know if I want to thumbs up this opinion, or thumbs down the idea of building around a 40 year old.
This isn't even signing a player in his prime to a forever contract to get their best years out of them. (like Kobe)
This is trying to keep a past prime player happy on a short term contract.
I never thought I'd see bad short term contracts. :(
I understand the nepotism argument but at the same time LeBron is still playing well enough to lead this team, and its not like the 55th pick would've been that productive anyways, so why not spend it on keeping a guy who can play at a high level for 1-2 more years around? (Also if I'm remembering correctly Bronny had a pretty good combine showing so if nothing else that's promising about him)
Not so sure about that.
IMO the league allows LeBron to keep an injury listed at all times ( same as The Brow ) so that they can rest any time they want and slide into the play in spot every year so people actually give a crap and watch more NBA playoffs early.
Bronny James has been drafted to fill GLeague seats and make the GLeague relevant.
This is a repeat of the formula the NBA just played with the WNBA and creating controversy.
I think the NBA playoffs definitely would have been different this year if the Summer Olympics wasn’t featuring Steph Curry for the first time.
It is becoming even more of a soap opera which keeps people tuning in.
With two James to watch now obviously the NBA will continue to milk LeBron’s legacy til no more Dead Presidents are popping out
Calling Lebron washed up is crazy work lmao, the 55th pick in draft for most teams is at best to develop a rotational bench player.
Given the opportunity for any team to 100% retain a top 5 player in the league, which Lebron still is, and is also still the face of the NBA at his age is a decision literally any organization would do. You think Thanasis Antetokoumpo is a NBA calibre player?
No, but it keeps Giannis happy and in Milwaukee. Nepotism is prevalant in every organization globally, NBA is no different. Most of these picks are shots in dark anyways, especially this year. So keeping a proven talent in return for a useless one is a fine tradeoff, I wish my team could do same
But is it more an effort to keep LeBron as one of the top5 so his son has more value while they are both playing?
IMO Bronny James’ value drops considerably once the King retires and we are focusing primarily in his play
He had a heart attack and 3 day surgery followed by a subpar 23-24 season at USC
He started 6 out of the 25 games he played shooting 36.6% from the field averaging 4.8 ppg across 19.4 mpg.
They already invested millions in him through NIL and marketing deals.
Time to cash checks.
Maybe he has totally recovered and is better than LeBron who knows
and then again maybe David Stern and Adam Silver have always been totally transparent haha
Most people forget The Brow riding around with a NOLA Hornets hat on two weeks before they won the first pick with the lowest chance lol
I don't forget my Hornets getting robbed of generational talents for number 1 picks ;_; Missed ANT, Wemby and AD. Honestly Bronny ceiling imo is perhaps a bench player if even, but hes rushed college and now NBA for what is a cool accomplishment but a silly one. I'd think of him and Lebron as 1 entity, so long as Lebron is good, I wouldn't stress about LeNut at all
what is bronny gonna call lebron when they are on the court?
"Hey dad, over here!"
Perhaps it will be similar to when Bill Walton played with Larry Bird in Boston after passing too much to Dennis Johnson and Danny Ainge he told him if you wanna stay on this team when you get the ball you pass it to ME lol. Who’s your daddy and what did he do? ;P
A. Bill Walton wasn't a primary ball handler, so it makes sense for his primary passing option to be guards like Johnson or Ainge, especially when grabbing a defensive rebound and transitioning to a half court offense.
B. Did Bill Walton actually play enough minutes in 86/87 for Bird to notice? I was under the impression Walton was hurt for most of those years.
Yeah bad example I guess. These things you say are true.
Bill Walton just passed away on the last month so I was stuck on a story of his. He did play limited minutes those two years with Boston to close out an injury plagued career. He was one of the best passing bigs of all time and they would often put him in to close out the last minutes because he was great at finding the open man who could either get a good shot or draw a foul.
Bird had this to say after Walton passed
I actually just saw this^^ I never heard Bird speak with such passion in quite some time.
On the court Bird was the biggest sh!t talker ever. He would tell the defender exactly where he was going to dribble and then shoot it in their face and then he would go do it next time he got the ball. Jordan said he was White Jesus to all of them lol
On the court Bird was the biggest sh!t talker ever. He would tell the defender exactly where he was going to dribble and then shoot it in their face and then he would go do it next time he got the ball. Jordan said he was White Jesus to all of them lol
I heard that Michael Cooper was the biggest shit talker of that era
:: shrugs ::
Not a very entertaining story. Need some context. Cooper was a great defender but not on any type of level with Bird’s prowess to score at will on any defender. They feared playing against Bird. Cooper couldn’t back it up like Bird could.
I dont see what all the hate is about with the bronny pick, i mean he was picked 55th overall thats isiah wong, gui santos, and aaron wiggins value pick, those are just the last 3 55th picks i garuntee theres some stud from 55 idk about but, a 55th overall pick for a potential alright player what a 55th pick should be, and keeping one of the best players of all time happy in the oldend days of his career