With a fist held high I screamed "I accept this challenge!",
But in the corner of my heart, I fear I may not manage.
Head high I strode to the beast, requesting a duel,
While it just stared, bugged eyed and licking it's drool.
It then spoke "Welcome oh servant of the Lady Of Sweets...",
"...I accept but if you fail I shall have your toes for treats".
Suddenly a dark mist fell upon us, that made my eyes sore,
As I see the beast take out a battered copy, of connect four.
"Best out of 3, 30 seconds and no redos"
"Agreed" I said as I picked my chips in twos.
Then began our epic battle, two warriors both in their prime,
Both determined to win, as they drop one chip at a time.
Click-clack the chips went by, earning a round each,
The beast getting bolder as it's prize was in reach.
Filled with bloodlust, it made its move that sealed its fate.
As I swiftly made mine and secured my checkmate.
With a roar and a flash the goblin screamed and was gone.
As all returned to normal, back in the elevator pressing one.