Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

De-Level Using Points

Started by PTP_Enjoyer [2910173] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 74 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
PTP_Enjoyer [2910173]

Leveling up is a permanent action. Most new players level up before knowing the pros and cons to level holding. If they ever want to change their minds and level hold, there is currently only one option-- deleting their account. 

 

I think it would be great if there was another option: spending points! The cost would be 250 points for the first level. After that, the price for a level would go up by 250 points each level, and be capped at 2500 points per level.

 

When you go down a level, you keep your experience and could level back up to your old level at any time. It would be impossible to go down any lower than level 15.

 

 

Nilfgaardczyk [2406770]

As a level holder I hate this idea. We're paying much higher price for holding level than just some points, sorry to say.

 

... and you can still level hold at 37.

Awesome-O [2356036]

So you would potentially have a level 15 player with a level 100 life

 

I held at 25 and 50 and now 69

There is no difference to game play apart from getting more life per level

 

There is no point in going back any number of levels as far as I can see

TwentyFour [2234860]

While it would be nice to finally get some of the level based merits I cant see this getting past ched, he‘ll say it doesn‘t make sense to purposefully set your account backwards and I agree with that because the only reason to hold at a level is to show off that you are above all the others on that specific level.

With api approximate stat checkers now widely available you can‘t really hide your strength with a low level and the low health is a pain in the ass for missions rws etc, it‘s really now just a microflex which this would devalue. 

Nilfgaardczyk [2406770]

Well, about stat checkers... I still got over 400 defends last year elimination. You can check aproximate stats, but some people just don't.

 

Ched if you read this give me back elimination!