Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Class A third Car ??

Started by -Bald-Ronin- [2973179] on in Racing.

7 replies · 298 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
35 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
-Bald-Ronin- [2973179]

Question for the Hive Mind !

 

I have 215 free points in Class A .. I have a fully upgraded NSX for track and a fully upgraded Cosworth for dirt ..

..

Do I start to upgrade a new car ? And if so which one ? .. or do I wait til I've got the full 266 points for a full upgrade ?

 

I was thinking another NSX but set up for dirt tracks?

chaoticsoldier [2752977]

The best configurations for the dirt tracks are all slightly different.


While you're still building up a fleet of cars you should probably start with the ones that will benefit you in multiple tracks. That way you get more points for your money and can hopefully upgrade more cars faster

This guide is still a very useful/relevant resource: RD_'s Racing Guide "2.0"


Based on that I'd recommend you go with one of the following for your next car:

- Lexus LFA (Track/Long ratio/Turbo 3) will serve you well in Speedway, Withdrawal and Convict as well as other tracks like Docks and Uptown.
- Honda NSX (Track/Short ratio/Turbo 2) is good for Commerce, Underdog and Sewage
- Honda NSX (Track/Short ratio/Turbo 3) is good for Industrial, Meltdown and Vector

Mentions: RD_'s Racing Guide "2.0"

Mathematics [1631069]

Your current week spots are the long tarmac tracks and the non-mud pit dirt tracks. Your next two cars should be the Lexus LFA (T3/Long) and the Dirt NSX (T3/Short). That way you'll have the 4 cars needed to earn points on all the tracks. After that, then you can start worrying about fine tuning cars to specific tracks, like the Turbo 2 NSX's for tarmac and dirt, etc. etc.

Mathematics [1631069]

Turbo 2 Gives +5 Speed, +5 Acceleration.

Turbo 3 Gives +7 Speed, +4 Acceleration.

 

So in some cases, that extra +1 acceleration that Turbo 2 offers over Turbo 3 results in slightly better times (Even with the -2 speed).