Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat

Started by Kiratea [3061877] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 221 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
52 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
Kiratea [3061877]
What I know:
When typing in private chats ( I do not know if it happens in other chats ) if you type any message that started with < and after the "<" any letter. When this message is sent out, it turns into a blank.
For instance, sending these:
<a
<a0
<a*
It will turn into a blank when sent
However if you send these:
<1
<1a
<(a
<*1
It will turn out normal in the chat when sent.
Here's a video:
https://file.io/eislCoHfXuOl
Using chrome browser.
UltraVires [2691997]

It bypasses forum posts too so I'll just post images of what I mean rather than type it.

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

 

Whenever the < > phrase is used with a word inside it, it completely disappears. To be honest I don't know if this is intended or a bug. I know other methods to bypass chat and forum censorship exist but this one makes it look like the actual words aren't censored/someone is trying to bypass censorship.

Ahab [1735214]

Oh noes the horror

 

You can also just use chars from another language, replace letters with numbers, use slightly diff words etc you know the same shit that people have been doing since people decided some words can't be used.....

 

с != c

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

This has been fixed in Chat 3.0. You can also use things like < b>  to bold your text or embed hyperlinks etc.

 

Thanks!