Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Education Mastery

Started by KLDrago_Retired [438529] on in General Discussion.

18 replies · 561 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
32
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100
KLDrago_Retired [438529]

We all know education is separated into different fields, and each field has their own specific bonuses attached to them. However, what of the Torn City residents who have claimed all the individual field bonuses? They have completed all education courses and don't receive and overall honor that says they have.

 

It's really too bad they don't incorporate an honor for completing everything.  Maybe a unique location that allows the creation of drugs. I think of the Movie Limitless and the NZT drug that applies the brain.  Maybe boosted drug effects or something.

 

Torn always boasted about which way you play and specifically listed education as a way. But frankly, after reaching the end of education, it's a bit lackluster. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of stat buffs and what not, but an overall reward for completing everything is missing.

 

What are your thoughts?

 

 

 

Runalf [2047589]

They don't even give an honor for reaching 100 RS. Like wtf? 

 

But luckily they do give us an honor when you reach 734.234.762.635.182.024.495.242.426.745.246.745 total battle stats.

 

Awesome-O [2356036]

No....

 

We already get extra "skillsets" when completing each education course, we don't need an extra area opening or an extra ability 

 

Yes....

There should be a merit for completing every course

JiePie [2129875]

I would like to see some kind of 'passive learning'. Whilst not following any course, your Intelligence workstat increases by a tiny amount on a daily basis. Or make it slightly more active like coding viruses; click a button every week at the education page to visit the library or something haha. 

 

Gives something to do for those who already finished all courses.

Celestino86 [2925740]

I am sure there was a suggestion ages ago re passive education.

 

Ideally I would want to see select a study and then work stats getting enhanced by a small amount say as an example.

 

General Admin/Study - 5 days course then you get 50 manual at the end of it.

 

Post doc - 30 days you get 300 intel at the end of it.

 

Sales seminars - 10 days with 100 endurance at the end of it.

 

 

hemi [2165616]

Me three. 

 

Finishing education was one of the last things for my account to "complete," seems there is nothing to do now except wait for new crimes or new events to be put back on the calendar. Whomp whomp. 

hemi [2165616]

Waiting all year for halloween tho, how exciting, what a marvelous game with so much to look forward to once a year lol.. 

 

I have 65 more awards than you in 11 less years... You keep up :') 

Penetration [2340613]

They don't give one for completing every one because it wouldn't line up well when they slip in a new course, which happens occasionally. I assume.

KLDrago_Retired [438529]

This is only half true. I was gone for 7 years in retirement, returned and only had 2 new courses which dealt with overclocking for crime 2.0 and irrelevant since I'm a crime 1.0 survivor for now. Either way, I finished it. But having an unlock area which you could lose access when additional courses are released could overcome this.

Vincent [1577779]

I wonder why there is only Japanese sword edu, think it will be cool to be able to choose many melee types to have mastery in

Penetration [2340613]

You can already do weapon mastery. Complete the bachelor and then every weapon type gains exp. At 100% exp the weapon has better damage and accuracy. You can also put merits into weapon groups.

Vincent [1577779]

I know that but Japanese blades are only one that has an education course for them in particular being the 10% bonus dmg