Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Comic making questions

Started by NeuroWolf [3312348] on in Art & Literature.

2 replies · 45 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
5 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
23 / 100
Engagement score
36 / 100
NeuroWolf [3312348]

How do you guys create such intricate comics so tiny!! I am trying to create my first one and I am using Vector, but I cannot for the life of me get it to stop being pixelated after exporting it. I have saved png, jpeg, svg, and eps. It still shows up pixelated and its not even that complex of a drawing. I am using Affinity Designer 2 currently and had the res set initially to 650x200.

 

For those who make comics here, what software do you use?

HailTheHeat [2918484]

Have a look at your DPI settings when exporting. When we export files from vector to png or jpg they lose definition. PNGs are typically smaller file sizes, so I get away with a 300 dpi. That will probably increase the resolution of your final exported file. But as long as your dimensions are correct, and the overall file size is low, that doesn't matter. We can always downsize a png later.