EDIT:
A thoughtful art peer has shared this with me. I'll go through that thread for insights. I understand that this is a tough topic. I'm an aspiring artist myself, who wants to keep producing human art for people (here on Torn too)
Apologies to those I triggered. Let's go back to drawing, playing Torn and drinking beer.
Below, the original post.
===
AI continues to shake up the world and is having a massive impact on art production and artists. The AI models are improving quickly, and soon AI generated graphics will perfectly represent prompts.
In this world, how does the role of the artist shift? Where can artists continue to add value or create entirely new value?
I'm genuinely curious. AI is many things, and it's here to stay. Let's keep this thread on AI. If someone expresses an opinion about AI that you disagree with, add your own opinion, but please don't bash the commenter.
The truth is that we don't know how things will unfold. And having discussions like this is useful. It can help us see ideas we've overlooked. Or help us get past ideas we're holding onto. And ultimately, it helps us better prepare for the future. And who knows, maybe even contribute to shaping the future.
Mentions: AI Generated Graphics