Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Sounds

Started by KingPin4377 [2136927] on in Suggestions.

7 replies · 49 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
JustAndrey [2527016]

It's a text based game. There's literally no sound here so what the hell are you talking about.

This doesn't even belong to suggestions, this should be in Q&A instead.

Have you tried to at least play the game before posting here?

SenseiLeJuke [2680219]

he didnt he is a noob that made another suggestion without playing the game. And when we told him he got all defensive like how dare we ask if he is playing the game he is suggesting stuff into

JustAndrey [2527016]

Yeah saw the chess thread, realised it's the same guy after already making the post.

I sure wonder how long is he going to last here. So far the only part of the game he at least somewhat engaged in was the forum.

KingPin4377 [2136927]

It may be a text based game but you can still add sound sounds. I.e. you do some bootlegging and can hear the sound played of a old computer starting up. Or even just some general back round noise. Just a SUGGESTION, Not a question 

KingPin4377 [2136927]

Yeah it's a text based game but they still have sounds implemented in the poker table and other aspects of the casino. Why not other areas of the game. What do you reckon???

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

I would rather not have any at all, but I also have synesthesia and fake sound can be overwhelming.  I turn off casino sounds. Rather dev time be spent on QOL stuff like chat 3.0

JustAndrey [2527016]

Just a SUGGESTION, Not a question 

I usualy expect some examples when people are suggesting something, you didn't show any example in your initial post. You only asked if there are enough sounds, which is a question.

 

As for casino, yeah forgot casino has sounds. I suppose casino is exempt because it is one of the few animated parts here, but even I would rather argue that casino doesn't need sounds instead of other areas needing them. 

As the other things you suggested in your later post, all of these sounds would only act only as a novelty, but get very annoying very quickly. Even with the casino, I believe that the majority of the people have most of the sounds turned off with only excetions being poker and rr not because the sound is just nice, but it serves as a notification.

My point that you should at least play the game before suggesting anything still stands, try for example doing 150 slot spins a day with the sounds on. I'm telling you you're gonna turn it off within a week. The same will go for all the stuff you said could have sounds. Everyone will have it turned off because no one wants to listen to that stuff and it will be a completely useless feature.

 

As for general background noise, you can just go to youtube and play some music instead and it'll be infinitely better.