Just like the title says, I'm new and progress seems pretty slow for a newcomer like me. What are some tips and tricks for leveling up fast and being able to do more things without getting timelocked?
How to Level Up Fast?
Started by DiffYT [3367044] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 25
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 63 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Threedog [2346786]
· 9 likes ·
Attack This guy for easy exp, he is a known level target and should get you to around lvl 15 in a hit or two
Mentioned in this thread
BodyBagger [99177] ×1
What does time locked mean?
Attack This guy for easy exp, he is a known level target and should get you to around lvl 15 in a hit or two
Mentions: BodyBagger [99177]
You should read Baldr’s basic advice and attack the leveling targets. If you are struggling to hit his targets, do a Choco jump to get your stats up. If you are struggling to get money, you can sell losses in the attacking forum. Just don’t sell too many because there will be better money making opportunities up the road once you get established. Read this guide immediately as well because you have found general discussion
Mentions: Baldr's Basic Advice · Choco Jump (Happy Jump Alt) · New Player Social Survival
Torn functions like a mobile game with all the timers and cooldowns. I assume that's what they're referring to.
"Newcomer like me" is sus. Any time someone makes an account, plays for 5mins (in your case 1hr) then advertizes they're new on the forums, they end up banned within a week, but i'll bite.
Before deciding this game's process is too slow for new comers i would recommend learning about the game first in the guides section of the forum. As with any game, the beginning is slow. To level up you need experience, to get experience fast you need to attack and leave higher levels. In the guides you'll find baldar's guide with a list of attack targets, high levels with low stats. Get your stats to like 1k total and start plowing away at them, all while reading more about the game. Get recruited into a noob-friendly faction, they'll help you. Good luck. Don't make me come back here n say I knew it.
I don't know how to reply directly to you but why would someone get banned? Is it for breaking rules or is there cheating in this game?
I am genuinely new, I started two days ago and have been on when my energy and nerve regenerated a few times. I just don't know what I should be doing for money and xp and I don't know where I can see xp.
From what I've gathered in the last 10 minutes on guides and from replies, it seems like I should be speedrunning to level 15 and then focusing on leveling my stats and people have said that attacking higher leveled players is a fast way to level up. I am currently looking for a faction, I applied to one but I don't really know the benefits of being in one other than having friends?
Thanks for the advice though :)
It says he's level 100, are you trolling me? LOL
Because often times when someone brand new immediately runs to the forums to say they are new, they are not in fact new but someone's other acct. There's a lot of buttons to the game and a lot of words that take time to process so genuinely new people don't sprint to forums, and if they do, they read guides before posting in general discussion :)) just an observation.
Xp is hidden
Firstly withdraw the app, go to forums, faction recruitment, there's a pinned thread where you can post a blurb about yourself and folks will reach out to you. Don't join the first faction that asks, compare respect and analyze leaders before deciding. Many benefits other than friends however dont tell me you dont see the benefit in friends? Lol. Factions offer a lot of passive bonuses for you, and access to a chat with free flowing knowledge if you're in a good one. That's way better than making a thread each time you have a question. I'm sure you will find guides on factions too... read read read!
The fastest way to level up is through combat, by attacking other players and clicking 'leave' once you win. Higher level targets earn more exp, and mugging/hospitalising earns you less experience than leaving. Avoid attacking other players in the New Players Chat, as they'll be a low level and give you low exp, as well as earning you a bad reputation, leading to you getting attacked yourself.
Moved to QnA