Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

REMOVE TRADES!!

Started by HuFromChina [2803746] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 142 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
HuFromChina [2803746]

I suggest that we should remove trades from Torn City. This may sound ridiculous at first, but let me explain why it would benefit this game. Firstly, ghost trades are broken and people are constantly abusing them to protect their money at no cost. Secondly, torn is supposed to be an emulator of a real crime based city. In a real city, people wouldn't be trading through some idealized method of perfectly fair trade. Trading is about trust, where people have to be smart about it and send items/money only when they trust the other person to send it back. This places more value on well reputable traders, and also creates an economy for middlemen to be used. Lastly, by removing trade, the item market would become stronger, as it is currently not used nearly as much as trading. Thank you very much for the read.

acctuh12 [3368703]

Guys I know this sounds crazy but its lowkey valid. Like I feel trading is a little too op and traders can just manually send the money without trades.

SirJux [2695126]

I guess you have a point.

 

But it could be just balanced somehow... like you cant move money while hosped/cant trade when hosped etc... no need to remove it completely.

Cursed [1901987]

i think the point about ghost trades is entirely valid and trades should instead be limited to like 30/60 minutes but direct trading needs to exist.

 

If you want to buy an individual weapon for an agreed upon price there absolutely should be a way to do it... not everything should be forced to go through the market

MrMassacre1 [3348798]

Outright remove? Nah. Revamp? I think it could def use it. I’m all for making things more engaging, and a system that makes trustworthy traders more valuable and random traders more risky sounds like a lot of fun. No clue what it’d look like, but I like the idea.

QuantumSatori [2614579]

I get where you’re coming from, but I agree with previous replies that a revamp would be more appropriate than an outright removal. For example, prevent trading while in the hospital. This would still make trading about trust, because it would open the door for more people to cancel-mug. 

As far as ‘creating’ an economy for middlemen, Torn already has a huge population of middlemen. I would venture as far as to assume that nearly 3/4 of all items traded have gone through more hands than the seller’s. More middlemen just means more inflated prices for everything, because everyone who handles an item is going to want to make a profit from it. 

Also, I don’t think your claim that trading is used more than the item market is accurate. I have no way of pulling the data, but I would imagine the number of items exchanging hands via the item market vs trading on a weekly basis would likely be at least a 25:1 ratio if not much higher. Sure, higher value items like RW gear and such are probably more heavily exchanged through trading by a significant margin, but the sheer quantity of items traded through the item market may very well balance out the overall value exchanged via each method.

 

Finally, if you’re trying to make a case against people protecting money in ghost trades, you should probably include that bazaars automatically close and points on the points market are automatically unlisted whenever a person is hospitalized or travels outside of torn.