Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Detailed analysis on committee [Thread Dividends]

Started by ovoxo [2744348] on in General Discussion.

142 replies · 6.65k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 143 / 143 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

FidelCashflow [1993550]

Then you should have no problem answering a simple question. Why would you resim your sims?

 

Our sims are fully vetted and don't need repetition. You obviously got some dodgy weak sims that I doubt have even been run.

Ariston [2322328] Wiki Contributor
  • sugarvalves - newspaper articles are barely more than forum threads you can't downvote.  Who puts a TL;dr at the end of an article?  Christ.  Maybe an unpopular perspective, but we could do with less adjectives and shorter, tighter-written articles.  Tighten up that writing style, and maybe more people will read the articles, rather than asking faction mates for the gist.
  • Absinthian - past faction mate.  Takes herself and Torn far too seriously, and likely alienates others while doing so.  Once said I gave her the skeevies, whatever that means.  Has the feet of a Hobbit.
  • Proxima - true scholar and puts in some pretty hard work to make Torn fun.  I stay out of forums, but from my limited perspective, Proxima does what he does without any chest-thumping, or asking others to fawn over him.
  • Stretch - just a wonderful person all around.  He shows care in a game when it would be all too easy to join the hordes of trolls and hooliganism that anonymous game handles allow people to get away with.

 

This post was written by half a bottle of Buffalo Trace, because I pick my bourbon based on if I would party with whatever animal was shown on the label.

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

Like I would trust Monarch. Everything you say is to boost you lagging egos...

 

And as a leader, dear god, the f**king choices must have been slim...

 

Did you win the least homophobic and racist award?

Ariston [2322328] Wiki Contributor

This thread is missing who should be considered a prospect for addition to the committee in the future.  I hereby nominate:

 

 

This post has been brought to you by the other half of that bottle of Buffalo Trace, because my wife is back home after 8 weeks away and I want to hosp her with my eviscerate melee so she can STFU and let me play Torn in peace and quiet for 6 hours, because I have max hosp merits, and she's a f**king wagon.

Mentions: AUTISTIC_DRAGON [2987306] · Evil-Duck [1182047] · ralucakiss84 [1899687] · Samoiedskaya [1709631]

Callaghan [1316121]

Glitch is good people and does an amazing job skimming food from the catering table and delivering it to the hungry boys at the 160th

Vladar [1996140]

All this talk is pointless

 

The real question is who is the most attractive male committee member (me) and how many feet pics we need to send to get Ched’s attention (depends on how horny he is feeling)

 

 

Asbestos [2605613]

Explain the sudden change in spelling and grammar ability between your initial incoherent screed and these later posts.

How many people are playing your account?

Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee

Thanks for the high praise, but I find as vladar said, general game "relevance", however that's determined, is overrated. The committee benefits hugely from a mix of both.

 

People who post actively and thoughtfully, no matter what their background in the game, even if they barely play, are gems. Ideally this game should be fun for all players, whether they are a 150 day old who logs in twice a week for 10 minutes or a HoF legend. It's great that ched gets feedback from all those perspectives as long as we all keep in mind that we don't know what we don't know. 

 

Even if someone is wrong or underinformed about something they comment on, it gives ched an idea of what the other thousands of average players who are underinformed might misunderstand or be concerned about, and he can preempt that.

 

The only way a committee member can be truly useless is by never posting at all.

DedeSiregar [2430598]

I suppose if you want advice on hiding behind CR for half a decade, achieving absolutely nothing with your faction and then selling it, Riot is your man.

 

 

This is unfair tho. Riot started his faction from almost basic and grew it to 5m respects and a diamond at some point' iirc. That took a lot of dedication and hard work.

 

Regarding selling his faction, I actually even made thread about it because I was curious about the ethical side of it. Anyway the criticism is way too harsh imho