Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Checking Card skimmers

Started by MarkNTony [3359043] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 211 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
MarkNTony [3359043]

Hello Everyone,

 

When I Read guides, they Say that I need to check my skimmers frequently for Them not to be detected, but what is considered as "checking Them"? 

 

Do I only need to open the card skimming page, or do I need to manually click every single Skimmer?

 

Thanks :)

TugaRambo [1291268]

I'm unsure what you mean by that, and idk where you might have read that. The only guide (and collection of guides) you might ever need on crimes is this: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#p=threads&f=61&t=16350490

 

There is no "check" mechanic. You install them, and after a while you recover and sell. What that probably means is that the longer you leave them installed before you recover, the more chances there are for them to be found. 

But read that guide, it's very good.

Mentions: [Crimes 2.0] Card Skimming: An In-Depth Guide

MarkNTony [3359043]

Thanks for your response.

 

I might have used the wrong Words, but I was refering to the guide you posted, the red paragraph that Says :

 

" Skimmers are lost based on activity, meaning, the less active a player is, the more likely skimmers are to be lost, with players going inactive for long periods of time leading to the loss of most if not all of their installed skimmers. "

 

So I guess all I need is to be active ingame in general then.

 

Celestino86 [2925740]

You don't need to physically check them. I imagine the guide refers to being active, replacing skimmers that may have been found and occasionally getting card details of some so that your skill can increase.

 

I know some people they haven't recovered skimmers since the crime was released but in my opinion its risky.

 

I did it in stages, recovering every 100 then as my skill went up 200 500 and now 1000.

 

I could leave it longer but it takes about 3 months with bus station ones and I don't want to risk losing some.