Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Incorrect IP information

Started by T-A-C [1324023] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 197 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
9
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

T-A-C [1324023]

Good day, it may be a minor bug but still bugs me:

 

19:02:13 - 15/08/24 You logged in from  EDITED (United States)

 

This absolutely fake, ofc it's me logged in at this hour, but I'm not in USA. We Colombians need VISA and A LOT of requirements to even put a single foot in USA. I'm logged in Puerto Gaitan, Meta, deep into Colombia. Not sure why it's happening but i'm absolutely sure i'm not in the USA. Need pics? I can prove it.

Hemicopter [2780600]

IPs generally don't have a location to them. There are companies that are collecting and then selling this data, but this does not mean its correct forever

 

Seems that IP previously belonged to a US based ISP.

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

I've edited out your personal information, Ched can view it from the activity log. 

 

It appears it's just the IP range having changed what we track location on, likely needs an update. The IP is right, Torn is incorrectly saying it's USA when it is not. 

L4suicide [15699]

I still don’t get why people want to go to the US. It’s more backwards than nearly every country I’ve been to (and I travel a lot!)