I’m not watching. I didn’t watch the RNC either.
DNC Megathread
Started by Asbestos [2605613] on in Politics & Law.
About this thread
Posts archived: 131 / 131 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 131
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 11 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 45 / 100
- Engagement score
- 76 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- PipeHitter [2687718]
· 7 likes ·
- H4D35 [1487001]
· 6 likes ·
you mean lilke the woman saying that? in closing f**k off you weirdo - ZickyJackz [497258]
· 5 likes ·
No one has ever, in the history of the universe, ever said that a victim having to carry a rapists baby is "beautiful". The only argument you'll get from the hardcore pro life crowd, is that one evil act does …
Thanks for letting us know your opinions are uninformed and based on headlines the next day.
I watched the RNC, and I'll watch the DNC. But I also like being informed, and seeing what either side is actually saying with my own two ears. Makes it easier to see News bias, easier to see when the parties are grandstanding, etc.
Im sure you have reasons that sound good to yourself about why sticking your fingers in your ears is a viable path for people taking your opinion on issues seriously.
Neither the DNC or the RNC have my best interests in mind. I won’t be voting for either. I’m not their target audience. I’ve made it quite clear that I think they’re both bad actors who share more with each other than with the people they are tasked to represent. I’ll give you a tip: both parties are grandstanding. Neither are presenting anything new or meaningful. It’s just the same sound bites that they spewed leading up, and the same ones they’ll spew between now and November. These aren’t debates. They’re echo chamber events.
Let’s be honest here. We know you’re a super partisan ideologue. You aren’t watching the RNC and DNC for the same reasons. You’re watching the RNC in bad faith to look for things you can try to dunk on. You watch the DNC so you can argue with people who try to dunk on them.
In the unlikely event that people start debating something that’s said and it is something I care about, I will to watch what the candidate in question said. I don’t need to watch the entire clown show.
No candidate worrh voting for Right or Left.
DNC must not have been very exciting. No one has anything at all to say about it. Even Bhappychap who claims it’s so important to watch could only contribute a meta argument about how everyone should suffer through it. However, he wasn’t touched by anything important enough to share.
The silence on both “sides” (they’re really the same side) speaks volumes.
Thanks for setting that straight for the Torn community to see.
In short, you don't listen to this stuff because its the same ol same ol, but not sure how you know that without keeping up on it. You claim 'neutrality', but then regurgitate, almost word for word, republican points from Fox or Oan.
Let’s be honest here. We know you’re a super partisan ideologue. You aren’t watching the RNC and DNC for the same reasons. You’re watching the RNC in bad faith to look for things you can try to dunk on. You watch the DNC so you can argue with people who try to dunk on them.
Its amazing you're so closeted, but think you know someone based on their posts in a game forum. If me being exclusively anti-trump makes me "super partisan", then count me in. I love my country, and don't want the likes of Trump anywhere near any form of power. You and most of his closeted followers seem to live in a different reality, so thats fine. Politics are complex, and way more than "everyone is evil, so any push from anyone to either side means they are partisan".
In the unlikely event that people start debating something that’s said and it is something I care about, I will to watch what the candidate in question said. I don’t need to watch the entire clown show.
So its all clown show, you don't keep up on it, unless they say something important to you specifically.
..........
You don't see the irony in that? lol
I would like to point out that you still haven’t mentioned anything of value from the convention even after being called out for it.
You also missed the my earlier comment about disliking the republicans too. I expect that’s probably because you saw me say that I dislike the democrats and it made you see red and shut down. I don’t claim neutrality at all. What I claim is that there isn’t a useful difference between the republicans and democrats, because they share the same foundational beliefs, which I disagree with.
Let’s not pretend you are solely against Trump. I agree that you don’t like trump. Neither do I. However, you are also hook line and sinker with all the Bernie bro nonsense. You make it very apparent that whatever the democrats babble, you are all in on. That behavior makes you partisan.
Yes. I don’t need to provide these idiots an audience at their convention. There is no irony in it at all. If they say something that matters, I’ll go look into it further. However, there is very minimal risk of that happening. Look how far we are into this and no one has posted anything at all from the convention.
republicans are cooked lmao
No one has ever, in the history of the universe, ever said that a victim having to carry a rapists baby is "beautiful". The only argument you'll get from the hardcore pro life crowd, is that one evil act does not justify the ending of an innocent life. They will never call **** beautiful, and the fact that this woman used her own victimhood to make such an attack is nothing short of disgusting.
Of course, that is the hardcore prolifers. The average person, and Trump himself, are fine with exceptions being made. Trump, who has no say in abortion law, says he fully supports abortion in the case of ****, incest, and the life of the mother. He has on multiple occasions said he will NOT support a nationwide abortion ban.
Yet, Democrats continue to lie and use extreme edge cases like this woman. Not because they want to protect women from having to have a child of ****, incest, or one that could kill them, but because they want abortion anytime, anywhere, for any reason.
Go up to any woman like this one making that disgusting speech and ask her: If abortion was made Free, and available to all women who were ****d, a victim of incest, or whose life is in danger, would you then be ok with banning all other abortions? They'd 100% say NO. Because it's NEVER been about **** , incest, or the life of the mother. They just want Abortion anytime, anywhere, for any reason.
In closing, f**k you, stop posting bs screen shots.
Go up to any woman like this one making that disgusting speech and ask her: If abortion was made Free, and available to all women who were ****d, a victim of incest, or whose life is in danger, would you then be ok with banning all other abortions? They'd 100% say NO. Because it's NEVER been about **** , incest, or the life of the mother. They just want Abortion anytime, anywhere, for any reason.
you mean lilke the woman saying that?
Perhaps the most gut-wrenching testimony of the night came from Hadley Duvall, a young woman from Kentucky who at age 12 became pregnant and miscarried after being sexually assaulted by her stepfather.
Duvall, now 21, shared her story for the first time on Facebook in 2022 following the demise of Roe.
“At age 12 I took my first pregnancy test, and it was positive,” Duvall told the DNC audience. “That was the first time I was ever told ‘you have options.’ I can’t imagine not having a choice but today, that’s the reality for many women and girls across the country because of Trump’s abortion bans.”
“He calls it a beautiful thing,” Duvall said of Trump’s bragging of his role in overturning Roe. “What is so beautiful about a child having to carry her parent’s child?”
in closing
f**k off you weirdo
Oh look, baby got the memo.
You're a f**king disgrace.
lmao f**k off idiot
You're the biggest retard on this game. You have no right to call anyone an idiot.
Why don't you go ask the AI bot to talk for you more.
You're the biggest retard on this game.
That’s not true. Larten_Crepsley and his wife Seba_Nile exist.
ok idiot
It's a close competition.