It is an edu but one that you've probably already done.
Started by flare [2195157] Officer on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 691 / 691 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
It is an edu but one that you've probably already done.
https://www.torn.com/page.php?sid=education&category=6&course=23
The Web Design and Development course is what unlocks the phishing website. It's the one that was released with Bootlegging. Most people have that done already.
Sure, I can make a mini guide telling you what is what :D
Farming
Your task is to get more mail addresses, leading to more potential targets.
There are two passive ways to farm addresses, the scraper and the phisher. Those are these two symbols
Both are locked behind educations in the computer science section.
You can start scrapers and phishers by farming. After you started them, you can continue farming addresses manually by spending nerve.
The amount of mail addresses is shown prominently, and if you passively generate mail addresses, a small notification will show up
Launching a spam wave
Pretty simple, choose the scam category to send to all your farmed addresses. Some categories provide different rewards, but thats a topic for Emforus to actually discuss.
The red arrow next to the categories is telling you, that performing this category will result in diminishing returns. This seems to be based on how many times you launched a wave of this type.
Targets
If you have launched a spam wave, this box will show up, telling you that someone might message you.
As long as this bar exists, targets can appear.
A new target appers like this:
Your only option is to read the mail. Once done, the type of target will be revealed and the persuation bar and possible actions appear.
This is a very simple mockup, and real targets have way more going on. But now to explaining.
Persuation bar
This is the persuation bar. This tells you how your target feels. When you do an action, the arrow will move either left or right.
The color of the zone where the arrow lands, will decide the reaction.
There are 9 different colors
Neutral
Does nothing.
Red Zone
You lose the target with a critical fail.
Reward zone (Low, Medium, High)
You unlock the action "Capitalize" to extract a reward. The color tells you, how high the reward is. Darker is better.
Concern
The target will not move on until the concern is resolved. This will waste some nerve.
Hesitation
The target needs time to think, the target is locked behind a cooldown.
Sensitivity
When landing in this zone, the arrow will move to the left, out of the sensitivity zone.
Temptation
When landing in this zone, the arrow will move to the right, out of the temptation zone.
Actions
Then we come to the possible actions. Those are always arranged the same.
Strong forwards
Try to push your arrow strongly to the right side.
Forwards
Try to push your arrow slightly to the right side.
Backwards
Try to push your arrow slightly to the left side.
Accelerate
Boost the strength of your other actions.
You can tell how much you accelerated the target by the speed of the animations and the flashing of your arrow.
Capitalize
Extract your reward. Only available when in a reward zone.
Don't like a target anymore? You can abandon them.
More information to optimal gameplay will follow when we have enough data and an Emforus to crawl through it :D
4 people mailed me back. I failed to scam all of them.
I feel like I should get a passive boost to this crimes success rate for being an Indian
And we waited 6 months for this.
You'll make loads of money on crimes 2.0 they said, you'll have loads of fun they said 😂😭
There's no second merit for this crime? All other crimes have one for 100CS and one for a specific action.
There is.
An honor bar will be available upon achieving level 100, with another available for responding to a victim's Temptation, Sensitivity, Concern, and Hesitation within a single successful scam.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/v75YSoR.png[/img][image: i.imgur.com]
I don't see it in my crimes honor list, is it still to be released?
Yes, the images aren't available yet, as far as I can tell.
Definitely the most dynamic crime we've had so far. I see now why it took them 5 months to develop
Not seen it elsewhere but confirmed that Ergonomic Keyboard is the enhancer
It does list Ergonomic Keyboard on the drop-down crime menu:
This new crime should've come with a footnote:
For entertainment purposes only, not for monetary gain.
I didn't realise that was accelerate lol. Thank you! XD
when you launch a wave, does it add to previously launched waves, or does it overwrite the previous launch? I can't seem to tell which is the case. I've launched multiple types, so it would obviously have been a waste if you can only have one type of wave active.
You can have multiple waves. I have gotten targets from waves that weren't the latest one.
I no longer get the Awaiting Responses option, even after farming more emails and starting new waves. Is there a cooldown on how many waves you can do?
I have crited twice on this which blows chunks. I think I am going to boost my skill level by farming and then start actually trying to scam once I get to level 10 or 15. Does that seem like a dumb plan.