Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Emergency services call function

Started by Inarius_Maxwell [3086664] on in Suggestions.

97 replies · 621 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 98 / 98 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
98
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Inarius_Maxwell [3086664]

I think it would be a good idea to able to call the police for aide especially for player who choose the paragon of virtue path. Another good reason to be able to call them is if those mean and horrible game spoilers who choose to do an unfair amount of bounties on someone and or someone that has been bounted by another someone just by random and for no reason what so ever. Once the police has been called an investigation should happen and we can explain what the problem is and mybe put a pause on the dumb amout of bounties that has been placed and class it as harassment if it should continue. 

 

But if you a serious offender and got arrested alot for really nasty crimes then it could result badly on the person slash player who dares to ask for help from the police and end up incriminating themselves.

Cursed [1901987]

If i had 1 karma for everytime a noob was whinging about bounties in the forums i'd probably have over 3,000 karma by now

JustAndrey [2527016]

Bounties are here for a reason. Maybe try to play the game before suggesting something because someone richer decided you're not worth his 25 energy for whatever reason. A good move would be leaving your shitty faction in favour of literally any other one, only opening a Q&A and T&G forums and joining a player run company.

Inarius_Maxwell [3086664]

Okay but what did my faction have to do with this topic? Beside being main reason why the game should not have the boutique system and using it for the same reason why you think the bounty is there and then play the game that uses the necessary 25 energy that is also ther for a reason

 

But it was just an idea on improving our gameplay. Just tryin to be a citizen and creating a new organisation.

 My faction is new not shiity.

BritishBenji [2257611]

So. What are you suggesting here?

 

Call the police for aid. Okay. Sure. Crime game, but why not. 

 

What will the police do?

 

You seem to be suggesting that the moderators in this game exist. Which they do. And they do their job. 

In Torn, in game harassment (using in-game features. Not chat) is allowed. Excessive flaming and harassment leading to IRL is banned. 

 

Please. If you're gonna make a suggestion, explain it properly, and make sure the feature doesn't exist already.

 

Inarius_Maxwell [3086664]

As I said earlier they could put a cool down on the bounties for awhile so that we  can understand that we may have been wrong and then get on with our lives. 

 

My suggestion is maybe use the game to resolve the situation then calling moderator to deal  with it. In game play not real life situations.

 

But I okay I get it eff the police. I should of guessed player would not like this idea but it make the game more realistic. I did also suggest consequences on calling the police as well.

 

Inarius_Maxwell [3086664]

Please do not place bounties on me for no reason and once again that false door is new.

 

And when I mean for no reason staff I meant not because of in gameplay reasons.

JustAndrey [2527016]

Energy has different value to each person depending on where he is in the game. You can have as much money as you want, but you can only have a very limited amount of energy every day. So those with lots of money can use bounties so they can use their energy on increasing their stats or to attack people who will make them more money than they spent on bounty, such as by participating in rws, mugging and so on, while those who are on poorer side can make money by taking that bounty. You also have people who are bountying stronger players because they themselves literally cannot attack them.

 

Attacking is the one most important part of this game, maybe alongside ability to communicate with others. What you're suggesting actively takes away from that extremely important mechanic. Your suggestion doesn't improve our gameplay, it only improves your gameplay and only because you are right now on the receiving end of that mechanic.

 

As for the faction, you have no upgrades (the most important being no drug addiction reduction and not training boosts) so being there actively worsens your progress and progress of everyone unfortunate enough to join. If you want to help new players, tell them to move to a faction that has at the very least 100k respect.

Inarius_Maxwell [3086664]

Okay, thank for that but is it also possible to create your own faction if anyone want too? And yes if I wanted to help new player they can join any faction they want but I wanted to create a faction of my own and anyone new or old could join if they want too. Once again, my faction has nothing to do with what I suggested. So, if anyone wanted to join or create a faction, the game make it possible of anyone to do either. If you do not like the fact that it is possible for brave and new player who want to try something new to be different or make the game more challenging for the own entertainment,  can you please make you own suggestions and tell the developers that the option to be different from you is stupid and remove the "CREATE FACTION" from the game.

 

I will say it again  I am a new faction that is why I am weak low and extremely small Like a baby who will eventually become a human adult yes the baby may become a horrible person but let give it chance to grown and make mistakes before judging it and trying to destroy it before it attempts to try and make it second step into adulthood 

 

Please

 

My suggestion may have been stupid idea but hi I am playin the game and I would like to be apart ofvthe community and I will attempts to improve if I can

 

Okay I can be very creative and I am not afraid to try new things

 

I would like to make friends please................