Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Script] TornBuddy - Chat Enhancer

Started by Upsilon [3212478] on in Tools & Userscripts.

16 replies · 1.93k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
53
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

LatexDove [3243958] ×2 Inferno [3007989] ×1

Upsilon [3212478]

Introducing TornBuddy
Add Multiple Favorite Contacts with One Click!

Hello everyone,

I’m excited to introduce TornBuddy, a script that enhances your messaging experience in Torn!

What is TornBuddy?

TornBuddy is designed to streamline the messaging, trading, and item sending functionality in Torn. With TornBuddy, you can add multiple contacts as favorites, allowing you to send messages, trade, ghost trade, and send items quickly without the need to type out their names every time.

Key Features:

  • Add Multiple Favorite Contacts: Save your most frequent contacts as favorites.
  • Quick Message Sending
  • Quick Trading
  • Item Sending
  • User-Friendly: No code needed, just a simple form to fill.

Why Use TornBuddy?

  • Time Saver: No more scrolling and typing out contact names repeatedly.
  • Convenience: Quick and direct access to your favorite contacts.
  • Efficiency: Speed up your in-game interaction.

TornBuddy in action:

[image: i.ibb.co]

[image: i.ibb.co]

 

[image: i.ibb.co]

Works on:

  • PDA
  • Desktop

Security:

  • TornBuddy is not connected to anything; it uses your local storage to store the information of your contacts.
  • TornBuddy doesn’t even require API Access, so nothing to be scared of here.

Download Link and Instructions:

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/496998-tornbuddy


I’m looking forward to your feedback and suggestions to improve TornBuddy. Feel free to share your experiences and ask any questions.

Thank you for your time and enjoy!



If you find TornBuddy helpful and would like to support further development, any contributions would be greatly appreciated. If you have an idea for a useful script, don’t hesitate to send me a message.



Thanks to LatexDove for helping me with the testing and the UI.

Mentions: LatexDove [3243958]

LatexDove [3243958]

♥ Time-saver ♥

As someone who talks a lot, this has been a game-changer. 
Easy to install and use.

Upsilon has been a pleasure to communicate with and even

made adjustments to better support a latency issue I was experiencing.  

Ashborn [2768565]

This is really helpful 

Such a time saver, ty so much mate!

 

08:08:39 - 23/07/24 You sent a Feathery Hotel Coupon to Upsilon with the message: torn buddy :)

Upsilon [3212478]

TornBuddy 2.0 Update: Multiple Contacts

Hello everyone,

What's New in This Version?

Previously, TornBuddy allowed you to add only one favorite contact. With this new update, you can now manage multiple favorite contacts, making messaging, trading, and item sending easier than ever.



I hope this update enhances your gaming experience. I look forward to your feedback and suggestions to continue improving TornBuddy.



Thanks to Inferno for submitting the idea.
Thanks to LatexDove for helping me through the testing and the UI.

Thank you for your support, and enjoy!

Mentions: Inferno [3007989] · LatexDove [3243958]

ThunderBlitz [2684774]

Straight away I've noticed a couple of things that could be improved (I'd assumed it would work like this, maybe other scripters have spoiled us over the years! 😅)

 

When adding a new contact, there are 2 boxes; 1 for the ID number, one for a 'label'.  I'd assumed entering the ID number would automatically pull in the username but, it doesn't, it just adds the number as-is.  If there's a way to achieve this, it'd make adding new contacts that bit more intuitive.

 

The 'label' field, can't seem to accept more than 9 characters, which is a bit inconvenient really (the very first contact I added, I had to shrink the label and now it just looks weird 😂).  Is it possible to expand this (even by us simply editing the code, without breaking the script)?  Better yet, if usernames could be automatically pulled in (or, even if a one-click method of adding someone could be added to people's profiles/mini-profiles), there might not even be a need for a label field, it could be made optional for those who specifically need it (traders, for example).

 

I know this is mostly just ease of use stuff, so I'm basically just tossing some ideas out here.  It seems to work well otherwise, though, so nice work (particularly for a newer player)!  😎

Upsilon [3212478]

Hi, part of what you said comes from choice and part comes from the fact that the script was first made for my personal use and most of the things I've added to it are actually unnecessary for me and so I don't think about them immediately (like multi contact which is a new feature, before it was a single contact).


For filling the name via id, I would have to ask for API keys and I don't want to involve an API or query of any kind in a simple script like this.


For the label, it's my choice to limit it to 9 characters. I'm modifying Torn's style so that I can change it by increasing the size of the entry. Changing this limit will break the TornPDA version, so I can't go any further for the moment. At most, I can disable the limit and adapt the width for contacts that aren't the first.


Adding a button on the person's profile could be considered. This would be a simple improvement to the script that wouldn't require much modification.

Even if those modifications are made in the future, the label will continue to be needed and asked every time you want to add someone. Modifying this will have an impact on how the data is stored and it's going to be a problem in the long run.

Fiernaq [2853517]

Very nice! Will save me some typing every time I send items. Works smoothly on TornPDA so far and I love that it doesn't need another API key.

Upsilon [3212478]

Hey!

I updated the script because the old system of triggers (it was my first script) started to falter.
I hope it doesn't break anything for you, theoretically, it's supposed to only be more reliable.

Have a good day :)