Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Thank you

Started by Inarius_Maxwell [3086664] on in General Discussion.

65 replies · 1.22k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 66 / 66 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
66
Discussion span
→
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Inarius_Maxwell [3086664]

I now know why I know torn exists. It really took me a very long time to figure out why a very slow text base game is the next device and now I know after years of game play, it only took a simple script that had to be placed in the forum.

 

I understood the theme of the game but the thing that made it so hard for me to detect the main aim of this device was that it did not have a good story for it being a game, non the less, I knew it was a device the moment it interacted with me.

 

Facebook and Instagram are not games, that is what made them so much easier to detect those devices main aim, so much easier.Torn city was more complex because its disguise to hide it true purpose is game, a game that the mechanisms to constantly chance and have many option to change its outcome over and over again without rising and suspicious of deception, especially if the game is designed to cheat and lie, because that is the whole point of the game.

 

Why am I tell you this?

Thank to torn, my real life interaction with my enemies has changed, their routine of hiding the truth is failing every day to the point that they have to be blantontly obvious to get a reaction from me. If you do know how to play the game you not able to participate in the game. If you cannot move you will not move. If there is no fire there will be no smoke, no smoke, no need for the alarm.

 

The only thing I ever wanted to know is why they are following me without no real interaction in the end. When it involves human beings, everything is a lye and an excuse. There is too much interaction for no reason, an odd story without any curiosity and most importantly of all, their is no real reason for them being there that explains ther presents to me.

 

""I do not care what you are doing"" LOL ""fine then, your so called hard way; but once again. I will not help u and now I know how it works the only next option is.....? After years of routine!

 Thank you torn it is a lot easier to be god in syber space then is it to be in real life.

 

The whole point was needed for me to interact with as many players as possible for the device to work that is why it took me a very long time to figure it out and their was me role playing as a criminal in a game that is impossible to be sneaky and ther was me playing the game committing crimes to pay the rent without interacting with real players and there was I not havig items to sell on the market

 

There was me not getting involved of the hloe point of the device it took me a very long time and I am ashamed of it but finally 

 

Thank you

 

 

 

 

 

Beerstein [1322136]

TL;DR Facebook with an energy bar is Torn. Not really but that's what it should say, including the bad grammar. 

Rafale [3001212]

Thank god for ChatGPT. Summarize: 

 

The author reflects on their experience with the text-based game Torn City, explaining how it took them years to understand the game's true purpose. They initially struggled to detect the game's aim because it lacked a clear story and was designed to deceive and challenge players. However, through gameplay, they realized that the game is a complex device that mirrors real-life interactions, particularly in how people can hide their true intentions. The author credits Torn City for helping them better understand and navigate deceptive behaviors in real life, although it took them a long time to grasp the game's full purpose.

JustAndrey [2527016]

Yeah I've read that, but thanks for what? For finding out that if you're rude to people they will be rude back? How exactly did that change your interactions with your rl enemies? Why do you have rl enemies in the first place??

Level100Coochie [2983838]


10:15:11 - 01/09/24 You sent some Lye to Warlock_Maxwell with the message: This is also an excuse