*DISCLAIMER* I don't think any competitive player will stop refilling energy. This callout is mainly about other refills.
The disclaimer is here because most replies in this thread think I want people to stop refilling energy. I do not. And I can't change the title anymore xd
The title says it all pretty much.
I invite everyone to do as little refills as you can to drive the price of points down.
I had planned to post this before the refill price increase went live, but real life got in the way.
I can easily afford to refill everything daily, but:
- I never wanted to refill casino tokens, and now I'm even less inclined. Maybe you are too?
- I did nerve refills approx about every 3 days for a year or so, before the price increase, and I’ve boycotted nerve refills ever since.I don't plan to stop soon. This is the main area in which I'm focusing my call to boycott.
- I will continue to refill my energy, because stats are just too important. I don't expect anyone to give this up.
My 2 main reasons for this boycott:
1. We were promised new sinks for points.
This was the main justification given for removing the price floor on points back in May. I wasn’t happy about it at the time, as it hurt new players’ flying income, but I understood the logic. Making the points market more active/volatile wasn’t necessarily a bad idea. I would have preferred if everything had been introduced at the same time so flyers wouldn’t lose their income, but sometimes good things take time.
However, it’s now clear that there wasn’t a solid plan in place, aside from introducing more one-off purchases for points, like hairstyles, backdrops, and merits. While I have no issue with these additions (it’s nice to have access to them again after the token events were removed), what we really needed after removing the price floor was more "active sinks." The only way to maintain a higher price for points is by introducing new active sinks, not just raising the costs of existing ones.
2. 25 points per refill was nice.
I don’t know if I have OCD or something, but seeing my points end in 00, 25, 50, or 75 looked so much nicer than what we have now. Maybe I’m alone in this, but it has bothered me more than I thought it would over the past few days.
I’m confident that the price of points will still drop (at least temporarily, until everyone starts saving up for Museum Day), and this boycott will hopefully speed things up a bit. If it also shows the economic advisors our dissatisfaction with this kind of change, all the better.
As always, I’m not here to force anyone to see things my way. I’m open to discussing the issue, and I can change my mind if a reasonable explanation is given.
Edit: Added disclaimer and fixed spelling