Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Items on map gone?

Started by EMF [2982106] on in Questions & Answers.

14 replies · 257 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

EMF [2982106]

Anyone having trouble finding items on map,I know it's not gaurenteed,I do it every once in a while just bc why not,but everyday for a month now straight nothing, not one single item,how about you guys?or does Torn just hate me....

flare [2195157] Officer Officer

Just bad luck on your part. Item spawns are not guaranteed and its entirely possible to go long periods of time without finding any. Additionally just logging in isnt enough to guarantee spawns, you actually need to perform a few actions to have a chance of something spawning (so if you were simply logging in and checking, nothing would spawn for you)

 

Just keep playing torn and checking occasionally and something will eventually come. You can also throw some merits into awareness if you really want a higher chance of getting something

EMF [2982106]

Yeah no,I play up to 12 hours a day if not more,and so do my friends,we've all been looking at this map closely and found nothing,it's just really weird, just wondering if anyone else is also experiencing it...

ThunderBlitz [2684774]

14:13:12 - 09/09/24 You found a Computer Fan in the city

 

Note the date; today.  I got something yesterday as well, plus every other day last week.

 

It really is just 'bad luck', more accurately, RNG.  I'm assuming you don't have any/many merits in Awareness?  I've got mine at 4, I receive at least 1 item every 2-3 days (on average, it can be longer, it can be more frequently for a time but it balances out long-term).

 

At your stage, given your stats and activity level, I wouldn't recommend pouring merits into Awareness simply to get a few more (largely) worthless items, they're much better spent on things like bank investment, education reduction, crime experience, your life bar and a whole host of other things before you go near Awareness but, once you do have some merit points just sitting there doing nothing, consider throwing them into Awareness, after you get to 3 or 4 merits in them (4 merits will cost 10 award points, if I remember right), you'll be amazed at the amount of crap people just leave lying around the place!  🤷🏻

 

You say "everyone" you know is seeing the same as you; they're most likely in the same position as yourself regarding Awareness merits/their general awareness level.  You'll find items again even without the merits, I could go for months without finding anything when I was at your stage in my game, so, a single month isn't that surprising, tbh.  😎

Varides [2176530]

14:41:20 - 22/06/23 You found a Can of Santa Shooters in the city
So that was my last pick up. 445 days. 

 

So slightly over 2 days per item and that is with 0 awareness merits during that time. 

Lightor [2215463] Officer Officer

Moved to QnA

 

I believe I already told you in dms that this can happen and doesn't mean that items are gone. Have you tried an extension already as I suggested?

EMF [2982106]

Yeah:)I just wanted to ask some of the players opinions,who might be experiencing the same problem

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Check your actual City Finds logs, I was feeling like they weren't spawning at a good rate either but as you can see from my logs it's 6 items in a 2 day period, 1 item in a 3 day period, just all sorts of random drop timings 🤷‍♀️ I usually check weekly or monthly.  I tend to forget about the map.  Been looking recently at faction maps is the only reason for the recent series of close checks.

 

[image: i.imgur.com]