Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Level 40 stuff for scamming

Started by PureLegend [1609764] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 189 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
PureLegend [1609764]

How do I get people to respond to emails? I must have tried five times to send out tax scams but literally nobody has responded 

 

Like why even have the option if it doesn't do anything until a requirement is met? and why not make it obvious what that requirement is ffs

Syncopate [2562293] Wiki Contributor

03:54:28 - 11/09/24 You used 3 nerve successfully responding to a Tax Scam target

There wasn’t any requirement. Pretty RNG as to what you’ll get and when and how often. I got my tax scam email in the same day when I reached lvl 40 and sent out campaign. Also, having large number of emails probably help. How much do you have? I am around 17K.

fsh [2565962]

Keeping the level 20s and 40s both on cooldowon, seemingly like 85% of my responses are charity/tech, 15% are vacation, and the last time I got a tax was 6 days ago. 43k addresses (I spammed the farm button on day 1 :P)

 

Emforus' guide says

Response queue and awaiting response
If you get the "Awaiting response..." message at the bottom of the spamming page, it means your last wave placed responses on the "queue". This means that you'll get a predetermined amount of responses over an undetermined span of time until the queue is empty. Once the queue is empty, the Awaiting response message will disappear.

This is particularly useful for the more advanced scam categories: Scams like Job, Advance-fee and Tax may not place any responses on queue after sending out one or more spam waves of said categories. This is a good sign that you need to get more email addresses.

Maybe there's a threshold for them, like 50k for tax to start being common, or something?

Mentions: [Crimes 2.0] Scamming: An In-Depth Guide

Refraction [1686619]

I agree that there’s likely a threshold, but I’ve only had one further response after getting to 56k emails so I’m likely to stop phishing for them. 

I’m ok with 1/2 options being rarer, so long as I can ‘spam’ the other for better CE and then going back to the more profitable ones later after passively building more emails.