Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

How do you Torn?

Started by TheInbreadCat [3187708] on in General Discussion.

49 replies · 1.01k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 50 / 50 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
50
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

TheInbreadCat [3187708]

I'm always looking for ways to make my Torn experience better. So I'm looking for opinions to see if there's something I'm missing. You don't have answer all of these, I just want to know the Torn efficiency secrets you've learned during your Torn life 😉

 

How do you Torn, how do you fill in the shortcomings, and that still missing?

Primarily mobile, desktop, or both?

Do you use Torn PDA? Kiwi browser?

Do you use Torn Tools?

What scripts help you the most?

What websites help you the most?

What capabilities are still not yet streamlined in your opinion?

What can't you live without and what did you wish you started using sooner?

 

Dr_Toboggan [2317515]

How do you Karma Farm?

 

I’m always looking for ways to make my torn experience   Karma better. So I'm looking for opinions to see if there's something I'm missing. You don't have answer all of these, I just want to know the Torn efficiency karma farming secrets you’ve learnt during your Torn Forum life ;)

 

How do you get more Karma?

Primarily shitpost, informative post, or both?

Do you answer Q&As? Or post guides?

Do you use donator forum?

What sort of post helps your karma the most?

What forum yields the best karma?

What type of post currently doesn’t streamline your karma farming?

Why can’t you live without karma and why do you still wish you had more?

Accountant [3171310]

Deskop 90% of the time, mobile when I'm out.

Firefox Developer Edition

uBlock Origin

No Torn related add-ons or scrips

TornStats and Yata in another window

Secondary internet connection just in case the main one drops

 

 

Beerson [1576144]

Platforms: 99% PC, I'm kind of over smartphones at this point, maybe I'm getting old.

 

Scripts

I'm mostly just using a personal script that sends me discord notifications for cooldowns etc., made to order by Stig and heavily modified by myself.

That and TDup's BSP.

 

Browser

Using Opera developer, got it to try out their image generation and kept it because I like it more. It's also incredibly lightweight compared to Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Opera GX, at least in my experience.

 

Websites

Torn.report is amazing, it doesn't really do anything, it just shows you data, but that's so much for someone like me. Really grateful for that site.

Yata.yt, but I rarely use it these days.

https://wiki.torn.com/wiki rarely use it, but there's a LOT of people who don't use it enough. Information is power.

 

My main advice to optimize is to frequently change companies. The company system can be used to gain a significant advantage, but in order to use it to its full potential, you need to change jobs to fit your needs. For me, that's switching between PSF (mission points + money), Strip club (dex/def training) and Candle (events).

 

My main advice to improve gameplay would be to find the right faction. If you don't interact much with your faction mates, change faction for one with better perks or opportunities. You should be looking to get into a better faction until you find the home you don't want to leave for a better faction.

 

Also don't be scared to guest in other factions, go have a few wars in a cache farming faction, go do your reviving merits in a reviving faction, go participate in Valentine's chain in another faction.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Mobile

Torn PDA

 

Scripts:

Default scripts from Torn PDA, faction max money alert, trade add notification, and a custom PI image hiding script I bought

 

Websites:

Torn report, torn stats, yata, torn exchange 

 

Things to improve:

Favorite items so I stop SELLING MY FAVORITE GEAR TO AL 🤬🤬🤬

Better bot hunter bc it keeps flagging me when I'm just saying the market as it is DESIGNED

Better market so it stops flagging me as a bit when I'm using it as DESIGNED

Use a better bot hunter because I am currently having an existential crisis... Do I not know what bridges are? Is this a motorcycle? Am I dreaming? Who even knows

 

What can't I live without & wish I found sooner:

My Torn husband, just saying

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

How do you Torn, how do you fill in the shortcomings, and that still missing?

... By joining an active faction. Dead factions, or factions with 10-20 members, are just not enough. If you're not in a full faction, that's active, does occasional wars, does contests, and it's own events, you're severely missing out.

 

Primarily mobile, desktop, or both?

... Both.

 

Do you use Torn PDA? Kiwi browser?

... I use neither. 

 

Do you use Torn Tools?

... Absolutely.

 

What scripts help you the most?

... Torntools is an extension, but most of what it does is just scripted. I also enjoy HeLa's revive script. One of the very good revive factions in the game, they are top notch and you're almost never stuck waiting. Other factions have scripts like this as well. 

 

What websites help you the most?

https://wiki.torn.com/

https://torn.bzimor.dev/

 

What capabilities are still not yet streamlined in your opinion?

... Chat 2.0 is the biggest. They are working on a Chat 3.0 but I'm not crossing my fingers for any sort of a timely release.

... Torn's app is a huge let down as well. Torn's official app is so lacking compared to what it could have become in my opinion. This is also the reason it got removed by Apple from their official store. "It offers nothing that you can't do in a browser." was Apple's reason for removal. Obviously this is not totally true. But ever since, the Android app has fallen off a cliff and I often wonder if Torn dev's even care about it anymore. Notifications and alerts are super late, usually hours later, some notifications never come thru, sounds and pings are broken. If the devs worked on this and gave it some flair they might actually have something decent and get it back onto the Apple store, but sadly, I think they'd just prefer people use TornPDA so they don't have to do anything.

 

What can't you live without and what did you wish you started using sooner?

... My friends that i've met a long the way. I wish I had joined a HoF faction sooner. I entered the HoF scene very late in my Torn life. The friendships I have formed and acquaintances that I've made make the game so much more enjoyable. If you're not getting the social aspect that you think Torn needs, you need to take a step back and look at where you are. Torn has a massive social aspect that rivals any game out there. Get out of your protective bubble or noob trap faction and go find it.

Alfie [2786767]

Best tip I've found is separate browser for Warring as torn tools slows down your game

 

Otherwise I play pc and mobile on occasion when needed but I always have torn up which is why mu torn played time is so high 

 

Best scripts usually get integrated into torn tools but I live by battle stat predictor and another war script that puts timers and status info on the faction page 

 

 

God speed

DedeSiregar [2430598]

Device: Mobile.

Briwsers: Kiwi and yandex. TornPDA is slow as FCK.

Most used script: Torntools for so many things, bazaar Pricer for bazaar, hospital timer for war, and advanced profanity filter to hide people.

 

I wish torntools can be installed in yandex

I wish tampermonkey is compatible with new Yandex

Why? Yandex refresh button is at bottom of the page. It makes refreshing the page so much easier than all browsers. Others need me drag the page or press 2 clicks, instead just 1 click on 1 button.

Websites? Yata for pay out, war, and bazaar

What I wished I found sooner? The right people for me. 

 

DedeSiregar [2430598]

He is doing cache farm. 100 men faction will give him half of what he can earn in 10-20 men. How and why you just can't accept that? By doing simple simple math comparing cache earned from 75 men in diamond 1 vs 13 men in platinum 1 is enough to give you a hint. 

 

Winning in platinum 1 with 13 people gives 7 caches

Winning in diamond 1 with 75-100 people give 27 caches. Do the math.

 

That's not a noob trap he is joining in. I won't do things that his leader is doing. FfS maximizing score every war smh. My noobs will bitch and whine for sure. But to call it noob trap is wrong. If ppl like you keep abusing the word, it will lose meanings.