Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Evil

Started by GraphicDesigner [2822330] on in General Discussion.

81 replies · 2.37k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 82 / 82 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

ovoxo [2744348]

I had a buddy make it big irl and he donated a fair bit to the game. As a thank you to his friends who stood by him over the years, both on here and in real life, he threw a load of funds their way - funding game changing stats for some and setting others for life on here.

Despite zero provocation and seemingly for zero reason except pure spite and a faction tag, my friend had his real life details sourced and used as a way to, for months on end, harass him. The stuff dug out was absolutely incredible, that people could put in that much time and effort into finding out things about someone who a. Did nothing to them and b. Didn’t know they existed. 


We haven’t and never will let them forget what they did and in many ways their actions has allowed us to find purpose in this game beyond dominating every other facet. Our goal isn’t to beat them, which we have so many times over, it is to hurt them and then hurt them again until our debt has been repaid.

Beerson [1576144]

Oh he wasn't mad, it was a well timed tactical move.

 

Couldn't find the original article, so I'll have to go by my memory, and it was well over a decade ago, so my memory is hazy, but I think he either worked in, or had access to the power company, so the act of cutting power was a simple one, no cut cables or gagster stuff like that.

 

I think the address of the Titan pilot was sourced by his corpmate, but if that's a speculation or fact that I'm remembering I can't tell.

 

The act supposedly happened during a bigger battle, not sure how much difference it made since major battles back then happened under heavy time dilatation (tidi) so getting power back up in reasonable amount of time could have meant the Titan losing half tank, but it also could've just meant not firing a couple of shots.

 

Keep in mind that a Titan back there cost a LOT of money when converted to RL, so making a "mistake" at work in order to disable several thousand dollar war machine, not That crazy.

DedeSiregar [2430598]

I think Lat.

The betrayal she did to nuke was crazy 

That goes to all traitors in torn who backstabbed their own members, ex members, faction, spouse, and friends. I can tolerate anything but betrayals tbh. I just can’t forgive that. 

BrotherWen [2813636]

Lat was just one of many vault thefts though. 

EDIT - forgot about the harassment Lat did after the vault theft, that was incredibly heinous. 

DedeSiregar [2430598]

That's betraying trust tho. They talked almost everyday for years then suddenly she stole from them. While most people in Nuke thought everything was fine. Isn't it betrayal too?

And yeah I consider them all are equally evil.

Pete1994 [965235]

Nah, not only did they betray their faction with whom they were a member of for years. They plagued the forums with hate, and made disgusting comments about Meanmike and his deceased wife which was basically harassment at that point. 

 

So it wasn't just a simple "vault theft". But they're in fed now so we all collectively got the last laugh.

Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer

One of the first big rr games I did as a newbie, i lost against some old player. I'll never forgive them for that 

Overseer [2143302]

Not nearly as bad as some posted here, but when I was like 1-2 years into the game I got caught up with a player who had a years long feud with my faction at the time. Despite having almost a decade on my account, I was able to beat him. Its been 4 years now and we still go back and forth with attacks and bounties just because he doesnt let up. He has won a single attack against me in the last 2 months despite now having about 300m more TBS than me, and when he loses too much he drops a bounty lol. 

edit: his net worth is also hilariously low, like he has to be spending 1/2 of it on just a few 800k bounties, and its stayed that low the entire time 😂

Knirt [3033570]

I remember a story on public radio in the US about EvE.  Some crazy power leader of super alliance that had most of the game on lockdown.

 

Anyway...bunch of not stupid rich people started fighting back....  it's one of the most epic little guy rise to power game stories I ever heard.

 

Over months the small people were poking the powerhouses.   Using ships that cost less than the enemy ammo....for months.

 

Powerful guy totally bored with the game...stuck in power because it's just too much to stop....

 

 

One day on a whim he makes an alt.  Joins the enemy....over months he starts having more fun than he had in years.

 

Eventually he was playing both sides.   Personal  conflicts  reviewed and...one day he just logged in and disbanded the entire mega alliance.  I don't know of any single action by a player that more significantly changed a game.  

 

There are some really great stories of years long things in Eve.   Even if you never played, if you're interested in stuff like,this eve stories are pretty good.

Beerson [1576144]

Yeah that's basically the story how Goonswarm started, the super alliance was BOB, Band of Brothers.

 

Not long after Goonswarm and their "Clusterf**k Coalition" became the big bad, but at least they were good sports unlike BOB who were just dicks, at least I'm being told, that was a bit before my time.

 

Usually the way that story is told is that the "spymaster" Mittani flipped the guy over to the goons side, but I'm sure there's as many perspectives as there's people involved.

 

It's a great and true story tho, probably the best example why Sandbox pvp games are great.

QueenieAelin [3156106]

Not Torn but my craziest was I was online with a friend at his house and someone swatted him.   Ngl shit was terrifying.  Window smashed in and  tear gassed.  Then they came in.   it took like an hour to sort shit out.  Dude who did it was found and got charged with attempted murder among other things.  Tear gas sucks.