I wasn't looking for a rental to begin with I was offered one and took it.
Posts archived: 77 / 77 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Levels don't really matter. Battlestats do. With good training you can easily best them in some time.
Just ignore the attacks in the meantime. Torn is an attacking game, attacks/bounties are common
You're above level 15, you shouldn't be living in a ranch
i had 500 bounties at one point, after a week they slough off and they lose that money
Idk I can explain it the way I saw it and you can tell me what happened but I don't really know. The lease was set to expire that day so I was waiting and then next thing I know I got a notification saying that he raised the rent to something super high and then he also mugged me right after for like 100k i didn't get any prompts to accept an extension
What should I be in then? Also why shouldn't I be in a ranch?
I have ppl to collect it, the bounties are not really the issue tho I've already been bountied for nearly 2 weeks straight. my issue is the fact that j3t is double my level with a whole rocket launcher
In my opinion, you should consider renting a private island. Private island is one of the best investment a newer player can get. The extra happy makes a big difference to your long term gym gains, and the private airstrip is practically a requirement to make good money on flowers and plushies. Ranch can not compare with private island
Private island with an airstrip.
It gives +10 travel items and reduced flight times (plus extra gym gains and higher happiness). Ranch is ok for beginners since they can't travel and it's cheap to rent ranches
https://wiki.torn.com/w/index.php?title=Travel&0=#Destinations
You can see the difference between flight times with different modes here
You can easily make back the amount you spend on rent by the extra income from travelling faster and with more items (plus the energy you save has value too). Most beginner guides recommend getting a week's rental if you can't afford a full month right away...then increase it as you can afford more
I'd also highly recommend going through the baldrs basic advice thread (you'll find it linked in tutorials and guides > guide list) or some other beginner guide. They'll help you cover the basics
not with that attitude
have you tried asking your faction leader to mitigate a deal? there is better venues then the forum trolls
Lol OP can't even afford the rent on the ranch and you're suggesting a PI. They're so clueless they "weren't even looking for housing" even though their lease was about to expire (OP had no clue? Really?? I had my first lease known to the hour so I could happy jump on the day it expired... This lackadaisical attitude is not computing...).
Should probably just move back into their Shack. Don't think a PI will do them much good tbh.
Ya Habibi ditch the fcking ranch and rent a private island
Or marry someone with a Private Island
You happy points will greatly affect your gym and stat gain
Private island gives more happy than ranch.
Meanwhile keep in mind bounties only work on new players who lose their minds anytime they get hit or bounties.
Join farm cache faction and those bounties will be greatly appreciated
So you now OWN your own ranch; so that's solved.
Good for your growing forward.
Others have said it.
Keep on your path, and grow strong, in whatever way you choose.
J3t's faction co-leader is the first commenter 💀 Perfect opportunity to ask for help and... Nothing. OP didnt even reply to DSLA's comment.
i meant her own faction leader
Yeah that would have been a better route than this post, for sure.
.....Except for the Ignore, which would now make that option "bypassing ignore" with the faction leaders/co-leaders risking their accounts by middlemanning....
Response to Kayla_16's Post:
Alright, let’s set the record straight since this is getting twisted. I regularly help new players who are under level 15 by offering $1 rentals to help boost their happiness and gym gains. I’ve done this a lot, and I don’t ask for much in return. Just trying to help people get a good start in the game.
Now, here’s exactly what happened with Kayla_16:
00:12:54 - 01/08/24: You sent a Steyr AUG to Kayla_16 with the message: "Welcome to Torn. Hope you enjoy your time here."
15:48:06 - 01/08/24: You sent 3x First Aid Kit to Kayla_16.
00:16:18 - 01/08/24: You sent $2,000,000 to Kayla_16 with the message: "Awesome! Enjoy. If u need a better place to live I'm doing $1 rentals. Take care."
02:34:17 - 01/08/24: You sent $27,000 to Kayla_16.
00:22:15 - 01/08/24: You offered to rent your Ranch property with 1,200 maximum happiness to Kayla_16 at $1 for 15 days.
So that’s exactly what went down. I sent her a weapon, some cash, and even offered her a ranch with 1,200 happiness for just $1. Then, when it came time to renew the lease, I found out she blocked me out of nowhere. After all of that, I asked my in-game spouse to find out what was going on, and it turns out she was having some personal issues and didn’t want to talk to anyone. Fine, no problem.
But blocking me after everything I did to help? That didn’t sit well with me, so I hit her 2 or 3 times out of frustration because it felt disrespectful.
And now she’s run to the forums instead of handling this directly, which has just caused more drama and unnecessary grief. I would’ve preferred if this could’ve been handled privately and without turning it into a spectacle.
To be crystal clear, I never raised her rent or held her hostage like she’s claiming. I was upfront and generous, and this is the thanks I get? Not cool.
That’s the story.
Block as in put in ignore or you see x sign in her chat?
Yes and no, as them attacking her repeatedly, and bounties = faction respect loss, causing grief for a faction, therefore the leaders are allowed to mediate. if it was a case of being blocked, then yes, they shouldn't bother.
You're a damn sweetheart, guy.
I enjoy helping out new players and will help as much as possible when I get a chance, but you went sort of "above and beyond" here.
"What more did they want?" is the real question? Ungrateful...