Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is Torn P2W?

Started by Mace [2925199] on in Graveyard.

260 replies · 3.96k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 261 / 261 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
261
Discussion span
→
Authority score
46 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
72 / 100
Engagement score
88 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mace [2925199]

Is Torn pay to win? I think so. Just buy a shit ton of DPs with real cash, buy boosters and done. 

 

Is this unfair to other F2P players? Well I think so. 

 

But then again, their contributions keep Torn alive and active. 

 

But as a F2P player I find this unfair. I can put in the time where else someone else don't have too. They don't even have to be on time for xans just pay for stats. 

 

If I could support Torn, I will (I have bought at least 2 DPs with real cash) but guys, life is not the same for everyone. Some can afford to spend money on the games they play and some cannot. 

 

What's your thoughts?

Dsla [2807954]

How many threads of this do we need? 

Also cringe you call yourself free to play then admit you bought donator packs.

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Personally I think people who make this argument have genuinely never played actual P2W games.

 

Do you gain an advantage from paying in Torn? Sure, to a point. Is Torn the type of game where you need to pay in order to win (i.e. an actual P2W game), no, certainly not. Besides, if you're aiming to be the best by paying then not only do you need to pay a small mortgage to do so (not something that is in any way common, its absurdly rare) you still need to be actively playing, put yourself in a good political position to gain allies and generally have a good knowledge and age within the game anyway... a day one player can't drop that kind of cash and then suddenly be the best, it would still take years of dedication. 

 

We are of course grateful for anyone who donates or subs, and immensely grateful to those who are paying vast sums of money but it's not something you need to do in Torn. 

 

I don't quite understand what people expect the alternative to be though, despite what people may think, Torn doesn't aim to be a predatory P2W game, nor do we need to push people towards paying. Torn costs a lot more to operate than people think, we run on quite slim margins all things considered, we have a vast number of developers and paid employees, and invest vast amounts into server costs and marketing too to ensure Torn continues to thrive and grow... would you rather we don't have that?

 

Torn is of course a business at the end of the day, a business is designed to make money, but we at Torn see our goal here as a company designed to make a game for people to play and enjoy - not to just bleed people dry. 

 

 

Till Torn figures out a solution I guess.

A solution to what? Keeping the lights on? I don't understand what you're getting at here. What solution are you even suggesting?

Mace [2925199]

Yes that's true. That's what I thought at first but we all don't earn the same.

 

Others earn way more and can afford to spend more on games than a regular Joe. 

 

I love  playing Torn but I find it demotivating when others can buy stats and others cannot. 

 

What if Torn implements a purchase DP limit? Will that help? 

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

What if Torn implements a purchase DP limit? Will that help? 

Help what? Why is this needed? What exactly is your goal here? 

Cevron [1605207]

who cares if your having fun play if not don’t spending money isn’t going to change how much fun you get from playing and I don’t think it’s really p2w since there’s no “winning” 

Pinguux [2331130]

Go and get a better job then instead of complaining on forums you can't afford to buy more dp's 😂😂

 

Editx2 - people don't know what a joke is apparently 😂

Baxia [2456400]

OP is sad because his NW is quite frankly, very shit for his age and probably saw someone with a blue name with high Nw and or stats for their age. Got jealous and decided to make this thread. 

to OP….just git gud bro. 500 days old with just 500m Nw in the day and age of RWs is nothing more than pure skill issue

Cevron [1605207]

Also you have a 500m nw with 500 days played I have a friend who doesn’t spend any money who has been around for 400days and has a nw of 7billion + your just experiencing a “skill issue” (he does subscribe) 😐🤣

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

NW maybe, but is OP that shit for their age really? They're less than 2 years old and level 70. That seems above average in terms of gameplay to me. Wouldn't be unreasonable for OP to make decent gains in future months/years if they continue on their progress and maintain that activity which seems decent. 

Miya [3054822]

Anyone who thinks torn is P2W has never played a mobile game lol


I spent €4000 on league of angels across two years while there are players who regularly drop it monthly to keep up xD 

 

 

EarthFireMonkey [2620167]

They don't even have to be on time for xans just pay for stats. 

 

You can't pay to remove drug or booster cooldown. I've been a sub for a couple of years now but I still have to time xans and be active to achieve anything just the same a F2P. The only 'unfair' advantage is a couple of refills a month and a shitty gift.

 

If you mean paying flat out for SEs, then you're describing a ridiculously rare number of individuals only as it costs 10s of thousands irl cash to maintain. If they want to do that to support the game you enjoy for free, you should be more grateful to them.

Mace [2925199]

I'm just expressing my feeling on the topic. I put alot of time in Torn. It's not as much as others but it's still time I put in.

 

Right now I see it like, what's the point of playing Torn if someone else can just buy their way in? 

 

Yes not everyone can but you can't forget about the point that certain individuals can. 

 

It's makes my efforts feel non existent. 

 

 

Baxia [2456400]

You all really haven’t played any ACTUAL P2W games. Check those out and come to Torn. You’ll find Torn to be quite F2P

Cevron [1605207]

Seems to me in November 2023 you also decided to partake in buying dps followed by the obvious outcome of you gambling the money you sold them for the next day and loosing it all 😆